Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Skywards Gold lounge access for guest

Old May 20, 14, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Before asking my question I want to say that I'm sorry if this question was already posted 100 times.

Can I (Skywards Gold) bring a guest to Emirates Business Lounge when I fly in Economy?
I'm about to do my first flight with EK in Eco. Usually I book J or use miles for upgrades so I never had this problem.
If I remember correctly there was a restriction before the new Concourse in DXB was opened?!

Emirates website tells different things on different pages. One time it says "yes", on another page it says "just if you travel in business or first class".

So can I bring a guest to the lounge when I'm flying Y?
If yes, I suppose that I can bring a guest in any EK lounge (not just the lounges at DXB but also at other airports)?
And last question: can I also bring a guest to the partner lounges (e.g. in MRU, CGK,)?

Thank you very much in advance!
Old May 20, 14, 10:42 am

Programs: EK Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Gold
You're fine:

"As a Gold member you can enjoy double the benefits with your travelling companion. A friend or family member checked in on your Emirates flight can join you in any eligible lounge across the Emirates network, even if your companion is flying in Economy."
Old May 20, 14, 8:49 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Miles & More, SPG, Marriott
Yes, the restriction was lifted a while ago. You can guest someone into all J lounges even when flying Y. They have to be on the same flight though.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: