Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK booking classes of each fare family?

EK booking classes of each fare family?

Old May 13, 2014, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I can be Flex or Saver ( e.g. AKL-SYD ISSVRNZ1is saver, whilst LCA-SYD IEE1YCY1 is flex )

There are 1st class saver fares. e.g. for AKL-SYD, fare the A class fare ASSVRNZ1 is a saver fare , but on LCA-SYD AEE1YCY1 is flex )

Whether flex or saver cannot be determined solely by booking class, need to check the fare rules
I just tried making a dummy booking for that route whilst logged in - the mileage calculation in the blue box shows saver, but "Skywards Flex Fare" is displayed under the main price heading above the route. A look in the Fare Conditions however under Endorsements will reveal it's actually a Skywards Saver fare, so I would advise anyone looking to buy a F ticket through the website and cares about mileage to check the Fare Conditions to confirm!

To hazard a guess, it's probably EK's poor IT - the search box greys out the option for "Search for Skywards Flex fares" if you search for an F itinerary as it assumes all F fares are flex anyway, as I did above, although Dave Noble is correct in that you must always check the fare rules for the real answer.
Old May 13, 2014, 6:54 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
I just tried making a dummy booking for that route whilst logged in - the mileage calculation in the blue box shows saver, but "Skywards Flex Fare" is displayed under the main price heading above the route. A look in the Fare Conditions however under Endorsements will reveal it's actually a Skywards Saver fare, so I would advise anyone looking to buy a F ticket through the website and cares about mileage to check the Fare Conditions to confirm!

To hazard a guess, it's probably EK's poor IT - the search box greys out the option for "Search for Skywards Flex fares" if you search for an F itinerary as it assumes all F fares are flex anyway, as I did above, although Dave Noble is correct in that you must always check the fare rules for the real answer.
There are saver F?

Never seen that in recent times...
Old May 13, 2014, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by m3red
There are saver F?

AKL-SYD and v.v, BKK-HKG etc. seem to be Saver F tickets if you book via the EK website (even though the "Skywards Flex Fare" text appears, the Fare Conditions say otherwise)
Old May 13, 2014, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Gold UA, Silver AF
I'd take the initiative and reach out to customer support confirming if the above is the case but my expectations are unfortunately yet another copy-pasted answer. Is Elite support any better?
Old May 13, 2014, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by LXofSweden
I'd take the initiative and reach out to customer support confirming if the above is the case but my expectations are unfortunately yet another copy-pasted answer. Is Elite support any better?
Not really. I think the Fare Conditions of the issued ticket are definitive though, more so than what an agent will tell you on the phone.
Old May 13, 2014, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Gold UA, Silver AF
Yeah, I'd agree with that.
Old May 13, 2014, 1:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by m3red
There are saver F?

Yes; has been for a quite a while and definitely are now. See example given above

SYD-AKL or AKL-SYD one way or return , the cheapest 1st class fare has basis ASSVRAU1

For SYD-AKL
Changes : $100
Cancellation penalty before departure : $200
Cancellations after departure not permitted
Endorsements : THE ORIGINAL AND THE REISSUED TICKET MUST BE ANNOTATED - NON-END/SKYWARDS SAVER/

Last edited by Dave Noble; May 13, 2014 at 2:00 pm
Old May 13, 2014, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Yes; has been for a quite a while and definitely are now. See example given above

SYD-AKL or AKL-SYD one way or return , the cheapest 1st class fare has basis ASSVRAU1

For SYD-AKL
Changes : $100
Cancellation penalty before departure : $200
Cancellations after departure not permitted
Endorsements : THE ORIGINAL AND THE REISSUED TICKET MUST BE ANNOTATED - NON-END/SKYWARDS SAVER/
Text appears only if you are logged into your Skywards account at the time of searching for the fare and then selecting a priced itinerary.
Old May 13, 2014, 2:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Text appears only if you are logged into your Skywards account at the time of searching for the fare and then selecting a priced itinerary.
I did notice that when logged in it did show flex fare at the top, but mileage earnings show up as Saver rates and the fare rules do say saver

It is odd that EK doesn't allow a search by flex/saveer for 1st but only offers the lowest price online; the flex fare can be obtained by phoning

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.