FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   SPG starpoints upto 25% off (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1571044-spg-starpoints-upto-25-off.html)

isle11 Apr 22, 2014 6:31 am

SPG starpoints upto 25% off

It comes at the right time for me. Needed some skyward miles, with 1:1 transfer ration of starpoints to skywards miles,this 25% off comes very handy..! Check it out at SPG dot com ^.

PS : I always find buying miles through starpoints and then getting it transferred into skywards miles is better with $$ than buying miles directly from Emirates.

jamjaruk Apr 22, 2014 3:31 pm

Agree without a doubt.

Did it last year and now will do it again. Saving approx £250 I think.

ukdoctor Apr 22, 2014 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by isle11 (Post 22741145)
It comes at the right time for me. Needed some skyward miles, with 1:1 transfer ration of starpoints to skywards miles,this 25% off comes very handy..! Check it out at SPG dot com ^.

PS : I always find buying miles through starpoints and then getting it transferred into skywards miles is better with $$ than buying miles directly from Emirates.

Its even better than 1:1 as for every 20000 spg points that you transfer you get a bonus of 5000 skywards .

I.e 20000 spg = 25000 skywards.:D

You will earn Skywards Miles every time you fly with Emirates Airline. You can also transfer up to 79,999 of your Starpoints® into Skywards Miles at a ratio of 1-to-1, And for every 20,000 Starpoints transferred within the same transaction, you'll earn 5,000 bonus Starpoints which will be automatically added to your transfer up to a maximum of 94,999 miles per eligible transfer.

There is no minimum point transfer requirement for Platinum members. Gold members have a minimum point transfer of 1,500 Starpoints and Preferred members have a minimum point transfer of 2,500.

Transfer maximums are based on a combination of member Starpoints and the Starwood Preferred Guest airline transfer transaction bonus.. Only one airline transfer transaction per member per program per 24 hour period is allowed; multiple transfer transactions within the same 24 hour period will reject.. Both the Starwood Preferred Guest and airline frequent flyer program accounts must have identical member names in order to complete this request; different names will cause the transfer to reject.

m3red Apr 23, 2014 12:18 am

Originally Posted by ukdoctor (Post 22745365)
Its even better than 1:1 as for every 20000 spg points that you transfer you get a bonus of 5000 skywards .

I.e 20000 spg = 25000 skywards.:D

You will earn Skywards Miles every time you fly with Emirates Airline. You can also transfer up to 79,999 of your Starpoints® into Skywards Miles at a ratio of 1-to-1, And for every 20,000 Starpoints transferred within the same transaction, you'll earn 5,000 bonus Starpoints which will be automatically added to your transfer up to a maximum of 94,999 miles per eligible transfer.

There is no minimum point transfer requirement for Platinum members. Gold members have a minimum point transfer of 1,500 Starpoints and Preferred members have a minimum point transfer of 2,500.

Transfer maximums are based on a combination of member Starpoints and the Starwood Preferred Guest airline transfer transaction bonus.. Only one airline transfer transaction per member per program per 24 hour period is allowed; multiple transfer transactions within the same 24 hour period will reject.. Both the Starwood Preferred Guest and airline frequent flyer program accounts must have identical member names in order to complete this request; different names will cause the transfer to reject.

any way to get round the maximum number of 20,000?

How long does it take to transfer to Skywards and is it an easy process?

ukdoctor Apr 23, 2014 12:39 am

Originally Posted by m3red (Post 22746019)
any way to get round the maximum number of 20,000?

How long does it take to transfer to Skywards and is it an easy process?

There is no 20k max. You can transfer 40k and will get 50k skywards.

Arrives in my skywards account in 2-3 days( though the website says it will take longer).