Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Dubai connect on EK award F ticket using AS miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2014, 9:39 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold

Would I be elegible for the service? EK "manage my booking" website shows nothing, so I am wondering whether it's worth calling... Connection in DXB is 18 hrs... thanks!
Old Apr 18, 2014, 11:07 pm

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
As per post #4 below, tickets booked on AS miles are not eligible for Dubai Connect.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...as-awards.html
Old Apr 19, 2014, 12:59 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by jackiedada
As per post #4 below, tickets booked on AS miles are not eligible for Dubai Connect.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...as-awards.html
Good!

Sick of these ridiculous as f redemption awards everyone seems to be on. Ek need to cut that out and look after their own frequent travellers more
Old Apr 19, 2014, 1:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by m3red
Good!

Sick of these ridiculous as f redemption awards everyone seems to be on. Ek need to cut that out and look after their own frequent travellers more
Nothing is stopping anyone switching to collecting on another scheme should its earnings/redemptions work better for them.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Nothing is stopping anyone switching to collecting on another scheme should its earnings/redemptions work better for them.
Yes, agreed but ek should make redemptions easier for gold and plats rather than Alaskan points for f redemptions.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 3:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Yes, agreed but ek should make redemptions easier for gold and plats rather than Alaskan points for f redemptions.
EK is making awards available for all its members and also for other which are allowed to book them. Is there a benefit listed for Platinum/Gold that says that there is additional inventory for 1st awards?
Old Apr 19, 2014, 4:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
In defence of m3red, I suspect it's the 'one-way traffic' nature of these partnerships that can niggle any EK regulars struggling to book reward tickets.

There's little doubt that EK provides a very attractive spend option for many folk who have stacked up countless miles with the likes of AS. But I can't help wonder just how many EK FF'ers are rushing to take advantage of the 'reciprocal' benefits on offer via Alaska Airlines.

Likewise with QF and reciprocal lounge access.

But I'm happy to be corrected if I'm misreading things.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 6:51 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Thanks folks. Just to be clear, booking EK awards with AS miles is all but easy. JFK-DXB, for instance, returns only 3 days in a whole years redeemable for F. For my award, I will have to fly out on a Wednesday!
Old Apr 19, 2014, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by oneworld82
Thanks folks. Just to be clear, booking EK awards with AS miles is all but easy. JFK-DXB, for instance, returns only 3 days in a whole years redeemable for F. For my award, I will have to fly out on a Wednesday!
There are a lot of posts, queries, trip reports etc on FT where the poster has used AS miles for EK Rewards.

They certainly give the impression of easy availability and low cost awards, but it's maybe just AS miles collectors have a high headcount proportionally on here.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by ft101
There are a lot of posts, queries, trip reports etc on FT where the poster has used AS miles for EK Rewards.

They certainly give the impression of easy availability and low cost awards, but it's maybe just AS miles collectors have a high headcount proportionally on here.
I think this is what has annoyed me somewhat.

Pretty sick of the effort upgrade availability these days then you see postsof people never having flown ek getting f rewards.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Dont worry too much its next to impossible to get an EK F award with AS miles these days. A few are finding them but they are few and far between.

Its a rip-off points wise anyways. Cathay F costs less then EK J award.

Although members on other Emirates partners have much more access to the space than AS members do

Last edited by CDKing; Apr 30, 2014 at 12:29 pm
Old May 1, 2014, 11:03 am

Good!

You'll be very happy to know I was not able to get an F reward using my AS miles. But I don't understand your harsh attitude.
Old May 1, 2014, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by mercruiser
You'll be very happy to know I was not able to get an F reward using my AS miles. But I don't understand your harsh attitude.
Can confirm it's also possible on a F redemption through QF.
Old May 2, 2014, 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by mercruiser
Because I live in dubai am stuck with ek and getting reward seats is a real challenge and it's hard to earn points. Some other partner programmes where it's easier to earn miles and seems to be easier for people to get redemptions!

I don't see why you should even be able to use partner miles to the detriment of ek flyers also looking for reward space. My view is ek should look after it's own flyers first...
Old May 3, 2014, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Because I live in dubai am stuck with ek and getting reward seats is a real challenge and it's hard to earn points. Some other partner programmes where it's easier to earn miles and seems to be easier for people to get redemptions!

I don't see why you should even be able to use partner miles to the detriment of ek flyers also looking for reward space. My view is ek should look after it's own flyers first...
They are which is why Partner space is a subset of the space available for EK's own members.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.