Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Dubai Runway Closure issues from May 1

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2014, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards,

Does anyone know if the US based flights are getting impacted? i understand 26% of international EK flights will be disrupted due to the runway closure at Dubai.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 3:25 pm

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
No, all NA routes will run as normal; there are no frequency reductions. It is Middle Eastern and Asian routes which are going to see frequency reductions.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 4:02 pm

And European and African.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 2:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold. Marriott Gold.
Having just heard about this - and already having booked a flight to Bangalore with EK, I assume there will not be any changes to my booking? (Hoping EK would not have let me book a service that would be reduced)

Is anyone aware of existing bookings being changed?
Old Apr 15, 2014, 2:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold. Marriott Gold.
On the plus side - more A380's are likely to be used and more of the small aircraft parked.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 7:06 am

Programs: EK Platinum
No NA routes are affected. Plenty of European ones though.

Emirates schedule changes for summer 2014

http://www.alarabitravel.ae/news.aspx?nID=7814
Old Apr 18, 2014, 10:40 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by DomesticusTaxmius
On the plus side - more A380's are likely to be used and more of the small aircraft parked.
On which point, if I booked flights because they were scheduled to be operated by A380s, and those have now been rescheduled as 777s (has happened on two of my flights), is there any hope at all of rescheduling to other flights flying on the same day, which are operated by A380s? Without further charge, of course. Not sure if these changes are caused by the runway closure but may be related given dates.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 2:35 pm

I don't care if 380 or 777, I'm much more interested in possible delays...
I know EK reduced frequency, but I know as well DXB is operating on there limits, now they cut by about 30% on 50% less runway capacity....
Old Apr 21, 2014, 12:40 am

My question is I have a flight soon from AMM to DXB but usually there are two flights, now while checking the website some days have one flight other days have two, so the ones that have two on the website can I book anyone I want or it's going to change all of a sudden?
Old Apr 21, 2014, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by SandWraith
My question is I have a flight soon from AMM to DXB but usually there are two flights, now while checking the website some days have one flight other days have two, so the ones that have two on the website can I book anyone I want or it's going to change all of a sudden?
If the website shows that the flight is offered, then EK are planning on running it. But I thought DXB-AMM was only going to 901/902 for the runway repair period.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 11:08 pm

I hope my flight to MUC won't be delayed too much, I have booked another AB flight just three hours after planned arrival in MUC. Lets see when May 1st comes and the complains start in the forum
Old Apr 22, 2014, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by JTXC
If the website shows that the flight is offered, then EK are planning on running it. But I thought DXB-AMM was only going to 901/902 for the runway repair period.
Yeah that's my question, most of the days I've checked have only 901 and 902, I usually take 904 to DXB and 903 to AMM, for many reasons the most important one is I come from Palestine so I have to cross three borders before reaching Amman "Palestinian-Israeli-Jordanian" so the 904 is the best for me to take.

But when I checked I found that some days have 904, and I'm afraid if I booked It would get cancelled, and I miss my flight, the problem that if I was going on business I won't care, but I'm going to take a test there to get my CPA credentials so I must catch the flight even if I'm flying three days early!
Old Apr 23, 2014, 7:15 am

On the same topic, it appears that some days might have the regular schedule, cause I called their offices in Amman and according to them if the flight is shown on the site then Emirates is going to run it just as @JTXC said, but I emailed Emirates and waiting for a reply from them!
Old Apr 23, 2014, 9:48 am

One possibility might be to cross into Jordan the afternoon before you want to travel, and spend one night in Amman, taking the 902 AMM-DXB. I used to love that flight -- it rarely goes more than 50% (once I was on it with only 80 total pax on a 773!).
Old Apr 24, 2014, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by JTXC
One possibility might be to cross into Jordan the afternoon before you want to travel, and spend one night in Amman, taking the 902 AMM-DXB. I used to love that flight -- it rarely goes more than 50% (once I was on it with only 80 total pax on a 773!).
Yes I'm considering that now, I usually take the 904 even if it's a bit expensive compared to 902, because if I do the math of staying in Amman one night and the transportation ... etc I find its the same cost as if I taken the 904 if not more, that's why I like to take the 904, that, and because I love arriving to Dubai at night

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.