Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Do you really like the lounges in Dubai?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do you really like the lounges in Dubai?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2014, 1:14 pm

Programs: EK Blue :-( BAEC
Was in both the B and A FCL T3 Dubai in last few weeks. Both were very quiet. The A lounge was enormous, couldn't get over the size of it. Had a nice back massage.
Never thought the lounge at KUL was that great as it's shared for J and F and gets very busy with the A380 flight. Worst lounge experience for me goes to Tanzanite Lounge at DAR (BA flight) truly awful
Old Apr 10, 2014, 3:08 pm

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by JTXC
... The F lounge in the old terminal is nice also, since it is almost always empty...
Ya, but it doesn't have dine on demand/ the a-la carte menu which is where I normally order food from...
Old Apr 10, 2014, 3:57 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by Turicus
One each in Concourse A, B and C. The C one is near gate 23 opposite the old J lounge, if I remember correctly.
The last time I was at the old J lounge near gate 23, the F lounge across the way was closed down.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 4:49 am

Programs: EK Platinum, Hertz President's Circle, IHG Spire Elite Royal Ambassador
I used to travel exclusively on Star Alliance and the Singapore Airlines, Lufthansa and Swiss business lounges are no way near as good as the DXB ones.... i think that the other Emirates lounges like in Australia and New Zealand are also better than star A. I haven't been in the Star First lounges, but I find the DXB ones to be great with the spa and good service (I don't care if someone gets it for me rather than me getting it myself). No complaints here!
Old Apr 11, 2014, 5:29 am

Programs: EK Gold
I prefer the lounge over at the other terminal, does that make it B? I dont know it just seems quieter over there and less hellish.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 7:20 am

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by jackiedada
Ya, but it doesn't have dine on demand/ the a-la carte menu which is where I normally order food from...
I was in the old F lounge last June and it did have the sit-down menu on offer. I had thought it would not, so I ate breakfast in the B concourse F lounge before heading over (I went to the old F lounge since my flight departed from the gate next door).
Old Apr 11, 2014, 9:45 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by whimike
The last time I was at the old J lounge near gate 23, the F lounge across the way was closed down.
Fear not. Its open now. I went to the J lounge in the C concourse this morning. The F lounge there is opposite the J lounge next to the green Irish pub.

Pic of the F lounge (bit fuzzy as my camera is ****)

Last edited by ukdoctor; Apr 11, 2014 at 7:56 pm
Old Apr 11, 2014, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by whimike
I was in DXB last week and it was the opposite. J lounge didn't open until 22:30. The F lounge was open around the clock.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 11:09 am

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
I agree - these lounges are more about size and quantity than quality which sadly seems to ring true about many aspects of EK
Old Apr 11, 2014, 3:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold, EK Gold, GF Silver, IC Royal Ambass, Marriott Gold, TK Elite
Not many F lounges do a great fillet steak, foie gras and a delicious 99 Bordeaux. The Alaskan crab salad was also very tasty.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 7:32 pm

I've been to the J lounge in the C concourse several times over the last few years.. However it was only yesterday that I realised that it had 2 levels and that you could take the lift and go upstairs to a more quiet section(with its own food section and toilets).
Old Apr 12, 2014, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by ukdoctor
I've been to the J lounge in the C concourse several times over the last few years.. However it was only yesterday that I realised that it had 2 levels and that you could take the lift and go upstairs to a more quiet section(with its own food section and toilets).
I haven't been in since the refurb - it used to be the smoking section was upstairs and there were no toilets if I recall correctly.

Is the smoking area still up there?
Old Apr 12, 2014, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by ft101
I haven't been in since the refurb - it used to be the smoking section was upstairs and there were no toilets if I recall correctly.

Is the smoking area still up there?
Didn't see a smoking area as such and I'm very sensitive to tobacco smoke. The lighting was more dim as well. Looked more like a quieter section where you could catch some sleep.

PS: Im not sure if there is a smoking area here near the food section as I did not go near the food. There are toilets on the right. No queuing up for toilets either.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 5:00 am

I love the EK F lounge.

For breakfast, feel free to ask for anything you feel like eating. Eggs Benedict? They're very good at them.

The Business lounges indeed aren't great, but I would rate them about as good as the CIP TK lounge in IST, which is already very good. Way above what LH/LX offers. Only below the SQ C lounge (which is for C pax only, mind you..)

And yes, the "Outstation" lounges from EK are above the level of the C Lounges in DXB, that's true.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 7:31 pm

Programs: EK Skywards, JL Mileage Bank
It's all about taste ... and time.

I suppose it's all a matter of taste ... and time. I've not used the F lounges at DXB, only the business offerings: depending on the time of day they've either been just OK or have been very good. Was in the A concourse business lounge just after it opened, absolutely brilliant ... and it has always been very good since then, though the last time there was last summer.

The much maligned J lounge in C concourse can be an entirely different experience depending on the time of day (or night.) When it's busy it's just OK at best - there's always a seat somewhere, though not always a shower available. The food's always good - but that's just a matter of personal taste. During busy times wifi can be very slow and/or difficult to connect. During quiet times it's been a really good experience, loads of seats and no waits for anything. Whatever the time of day or night staff service has always been excellent - but that's maybe because after half a lifetime in Japan I've got into the habit of smiling...
At busy times the lounge experience has definitely taken a turn for the less good since the alliance with QF - nothing against Antipodeans - just too many bodies.
Not much experience of EK lounges at outstations but DXB lounges are very much better than the very disappointing JAL Sakura lounge used at Tokyo Haneda, and better than the spacious but snack-only-catering American Airlines Admirals Club at Tokyo Narita. My favourite EK lounge used so far is definitely their own lounge at Manchester.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.