Wiki Posts
Search

Dubai Connect - advice sought

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2014, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EK Skywards, JL Mileage Bank
Dubai Connect - advice sought

It’s a very long time since I was a hapless virgin – still fairly hapless though. Where Dubai Connect is concerned, still a total virgin and completely hapless. Like most virgins, will be very grateful for any advice from the more experienced…

Have been transferring at DXB and enjoying the lounges for several years, but timetable changes have extended the transfer time, and for the first time have been offered Dubai Connect. The transfer time between flights is 7 hours and 50 minutes, arrival time at Dubai is 06:45, travel class is business saver. Both inward and outward flights are 777 scheduled to arrive and depart from T3, though experience has taught that flights may sometimes arrive at other terminals. (So much for “dedicated A380 terminal” hype.)
Having only ever transferred at DXB, have no idea of what to expect in either Arrivals or Departures.
Will be very grateful for any advice on what to expect, where to head once off the first plane and, in particular, how long before the second flight to leave the hotel in order to have an unrushed experience. Also, the food in the lounge is pretty good – is food laid on at the hotel, and what is it like?
Any and all advice much appreciated.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 12:19 am

Recent posts on this subject would suggest < 8 hours is not enough to make the service worthwhile, as the time taken with security, immigration and transport (all x2) means you're hardly in the room before it's time to leave again.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 12:49 am

Location: London, England, UK, Europe, The World, The Universe
Originally Posted by ft101
Recent posts on this subject would suggest < 8 hours is not enough to make the service worthwhile, as the time taken with security, immigration and transport (all x2) means you're hardly in the room before it's time to leave again.
Yes, they all seem to be suggesting that the lounge is better.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 2:12 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Just out of curiosity, what time(s) are the arrival/ immigration lines the shortest at DXB?
Old Oct 26, 2014, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EK Skywards, JL Mileage Bank
Dubai Connect works out well.

Just some feedback: have used Dubai Connect several times now during the 7+ hour transit MAN-HND/HND-MAN, and it has worked out very well. Typically quickly through immigration and no more than five to ten minutes wait for car to hotel. Plenty of time for a shower and four hours sleep, in very comfortable room (Al Bustan) or comfortable room (Le Meridian).
Old Oct 26, 2014, 10:53 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold | South African Airways Voyager Gold
Originally Posted by jackiedada
Just out of curiosity, what time(s) are the arrival/ immigration lines the shortest at DXB?
Terribly busy during 5am rush.

Was shocked that there was absolutely nobody in line when we landed on EK216 from LAX. It took less than 5 minutes for a group of 38 to clear immigration. This was at 7pm.

Last edited by Ahmed777; Oct 26, 2014 at 11:35 pm Reason: Errata.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 11:23 pm

Programs: AF Plat a vie, EK Gold, SQ PPS
What time before flt dept have others been picked up by the driver at the dubai connect hotel?
Old Oct 27, 2014, 12:04 am

Originally Posted by Catusa
What time before flt dept have others been picked up by the driver at the dubai connect hotel?
2 hours prior to departure.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 10:18 pm

dubai connect

I have a layover of ~24 hours and have the option for dubai connect.

Is it standard 3 star accommodation for the layover for economy and 4/5star for business/first class?

If we upgrade via miles vs purchase for the pre dubaiconnect segment, are we guaranteed the better accommodation?

How has your experiences with dubai connect generally been-positive or negative with the transfer/accommodation/hotel transfer etc?
Old Dec 4, 2014, 10:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I have used it when travelling in 1st class and found the hotel to be quite reasonable and fine for a 1 night stay. The shuttle to the hotel is frequent and haven't had to wait long for it

Whether you would get the better of the hotels when upgraded, I am not sure
Old Dec 4, 2014, 10:36 pm

was the whole ticket 1st class or just the segment prior to dubai connect?
Old Dec 4, 2014, 10:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by eke1it3f1y3r
was the whole ticket 1st class or just the segment prior to dubai connect?
The entire journey
Old Dec 30, 2014, 4:59 am

Dubai Connect Question

I am booked on EK 407 & EK 163 tomorrow, booked via Qantas. When I booked way back, through the Qantas website I was able to select Dubai Connect. I don't know at the time if the second flight into DUB had started. However there is now an earlier flight into DUb with only a 2hr stopover in DXB and not a 9hr stopover like I have, so I thought I wouldn't be eligible for Dubai Connect.

However, checking in for my flights online tonight it clearly says '09hr 10min connection with Dubai Connect'. It says to print the voucher, however I can't see an option to do so. Is not being able to print the voucher typical? Does this mean I am still eligible for Duabi Connect and I'll get the vouchers at MEL?

Thanks
Old Dec 30, 2014, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by mel.b
I am booked on EK 407 & EK 163 tomorrow, booked via Qantas. When I booked way back, through the Qantas website I was able to select Dubai Connect. I don't know at the time if the second flight into DUB had started. However there is now an earlier flight into DUb with only a 2hr stopover in DXB and not a 9hr stopover like I have, so I thought I wouldn't be eligible for Dubai Connect.

However, checking in for my flights online tonight it clearly says '09hr 10min connection with Dubai Connect'. It says to print the voucher, however I can't see an option to do so. Is not being able to print the voucher typical? Does this mean I am still eligible for Duabi Connect and I'll get the vouchers at MEL?

Thanks
If computer says yes, you are eligible, don't look a gift horse in the mouth!

You should be able to get the vouchers printed at DXB if all else fails. Go to a transfer desk on arrival (before security/immigration).
Old Dec 30, 2014, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by mel.b

Thanks
Typically, they give you the Dubai Connect vouchers at check-in - at least for the airports that I have used BOM/BLR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.