Search

Miles Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2014, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

Miles Upgrade

Hello All!
As I've said in previous posts, I'm flying currently in Y from IAH-DXB-HYD
just realized I have the 25K miles to upgrade from DXB-HYD, but because I'm booed in saver the agent on the phone said I could only UG at check in?
Questions:
Can they upgrade me in Hiuston for the DXB-HYD flight (not the first segment)
Can I upgrade during OLCI?
If I choose to upgrade HYD to DXB instead would I get lounge acces in Dubai for arriving in J?

Also what's the food service like on DXB to HYD early morning like 3 AM

Thanks
Old Feb 23, 2014, 7:57 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

You should be able to upgrade 24 hours before. You can do it online.

You won't get lounge access when arriving in J.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 8:09 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Miles & More, SPG, Marriott
You can do it when OLCI opens up 24h before departure. You get the lounge before the flight, not after. So DXB-HYD upgrade will give you lounge access on your first stopover, HYD-DXB upgrade will give you lounge access in HYD.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

thanks 2 questions:
1) what is the meal service like on early morning DXB-HYD
2) If I upgrade HYD-DXB would it increase my chances of getting an opup from DXB-IAH?
Old Feb 23, 2014, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by iluvairlines
2) If I upgrade HYD-DXB would it increase my chances of getting an opup from DXB-IAH?
No.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 1:38 am

I had the experience from DUS-DXB. I tried doing it online less than 24 hours before departure, couldnt do it. Called Emirates, they said there is plenty of seats left and I should upgrade at baggage check in. I did. Arriving in DXB I noticed the miles used was 50% higher than stated online (instead of 22.5k Miles it was 33.5~). Emirates wouldnt help me.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 1:59 am

Originally Posted by tempt
I had the experience from DUS-DXB. I tried doing it online less than 24 hours before departure, couldnt do it. Called Emirates, they said there is plenty of seats left and I should upgrade at baggage check in. I did. Arriving in DXB I noticed the miles used was 50% higher than stated online (instead of 22.5k Miles it was 33.5~). Emirates wouldnt help me.
Probably the difference between upgrading a Saver and a Flex ticket. Should be 25k for Flex vs 32.5k for Saver, Europe West to DXB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.