Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fog in Dubai today

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2014, 1:04 am

Programs: EK Gold
Is it still foggy then or is that the knock on effect?

If it was heathrow it would be all over the news...
Old Feb 23, 2014, 1:07 am

Programs: BA GGL (LTG), Marriott LT Titanium, EK Plat, Amex Cent
It is clear right now, although I am sat in Marina not at the airport
Old Feb 23, 2014, 12:45 pm

According to a former colleague operating on on the day a lot of additional delays after departures were allowed were down to a lack of tugs and co-ordination between airlines and ATC. I hear that ATC were refusing to give out a start up order number and were waiting for crews to call up when they had a tug attached. Thus total chaos ensued as those flights who had tugs, lost them as dnata sought to re allocate them to earlier scheduled departures which then caused even more confusion for ATC. In the end several flights had crews simply run out of hours.
Sounded like a total cock up.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 9:56 am

I was lucky...first i missed the broken a380 at muc by a day and then we missed the fog by minutes, only had 10 minutes delay ..we were even ahead of schedule in hkg on the 22nd
Old Feb 24, 2014, 1:34 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

My flight pushed back 5 minutes early, and landed at LHR 30 minutes early
Old Feb 24, 2014, 8:10 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Miles & More, SPG, Marriott
My flight in an hour is also on time, although the inbound was 40 mins late. But that happens quite often cause the boarding is always a zoo (migrant workers returning to BD). Looks like it's all cleared up.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 8:26 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Sigwx
According to a former colleague operating on on the day a lot of additional delays after departures were allowed were down to a lack of tugs and co-ordination between airlines and ATC. I hear that ATC were refusing to give out a start up order number and were waiting for crews to call up when they had a tug attached. Thus total chaos ensued as those flights who had tugs, lost them as dnata sought to re allocate them to earlier scheduled departures which then caused even more confusion for ATC. In the end several flights had crews simply run out of hours.
Sounded like a total cock up.
Given that this happens a number of days a year you'd think they'd sort it out a but better.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 3:19 am

Hopefully EK37 / 38 will be sort of on-time tomorrow, have a 2 hour 55 connection in Dubai for EK406 but as I found out last year, they dont hold the plane back
Old Feb 25, 2014, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by RichL
Hopefully EK37 / 38 will be sort of on-time tomorrow, have a 2 hour 55 connection in Dubai for EK406 but as I found out last year, they dont hold the plane back
currently the weather is amazing in DXB
Old Feb 25, 2014, 4:34 am

Haha, dont rub it in!!
Old Feb 25, 2014, 5:24 am

hence why they oversell hoping for no shows and maximising capacity and revenue
Old Feb 25, 2014, 5:32 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by m3red
currently the weather is amazing in DXB
I concur, played 9 holes at the Meydan this morning, very nice weather
Old Feb 25, 2014, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by m3red
hence why they oversell hoping for no shows and maximising capacity and revenue
Yeah, I wish they had told us that instead of the waffle they trotted out about not being able to transfer baggage in time (we had hour and 20 mins on the clock before our flight was going to depart and then to add insult to injury the flight took off 50 minutes late anyway.

So yeah, if they have oversold they should have just told us back then.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 8:58 am

Yeah, I wish they had told us that instead of the waffle they trotted out about not being able to transfer baggage in time (we had hour and 20 mins on the clock before our flight was going to depart and then to add insult to injury the flight took off 50 minutes late anyway.

So yeah, if they have oversold they should have just told us back then.
They have to make a decision at some point and they will try to get you on even without bags. Flights to oz have to leave otherwise they will have to wait until the next day so no delays. It's quite often why if you are very Late your seat will have been allocated but last minute you turn up and are allowed to board but all they have is a j seat for you...
Old Feb 25, 2014, 2:32 pm

Oh no, it wasn't the flight to Oz, it was the flight back to BHX last year - fully understand the flight rules with Oz.

We asked for Heathrow, Manchester, Gatwick, anything just to get us back to the UK that day, even economy (not being snobby when I say that) but they were having none of it.

We didn't want (or expect) chauffeur drives, but just to get back to a UK destination.

Bad times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.