Wiki Posts
Search

Haneda Chauffeur cars.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2014, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EK Skywards, JL Mileage Bank
Haneda Chauffeur cars.

The very late night (upcoming) and very early morning flight times have prompted EK to offer chauffeur service at Haneda, although they have never offered this at Narita. I'm not sure whether or not just one firm has the contract, but so far I've only heard of cars provided by the MK Taxi company. MK have two types of car, "Taxi" which is unsurprisingly a regular taxi with a meter and "Hire" which is basically their limousine service with posher, usually black, cars and no meters.

Last year I had two "hire" cars, both big Toyotas, but with unusually plush seats and no meters, but on my first flight this year the car waiting at HND was a Toyota Crown Taxi, albeit a black one. A couple of weeks before a friend was met at HND by a Mercedes-Benz from the MK hire fleet.
The taxi was fine; surgically clean, the meter not used and nothing to pay. The service from the fully uniformed driver was impeccable, though as usual the driver was not English speaking.
(We did have a chat, though, and it turned out that he was a football fanatic who dreams of one day going to London to watch his favourite team - Spurs... He also told me that he much prefers contract work at night because it's better than the risk of picking up drunks and occasional nutters from the streets.)

Does anyone know whether "hire" or "taxi" is the default at HND or whether the type of car used is random? My only other experience of EK chauffeur service is at MAN, where the car is invariably a PCS Mercedes.

Last edited by Tokyobuta; Jan 24, 2014 at 12:32 am Reason: typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.