Email Annoyance

Old Dec 21, 2013, 2:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold, TK Elite +, Hilton Diamond
Question Email Annoyance

Hey all!

For the past year or so, I've had a message on my Skywards dashboard that says my email address is invalid, despite it being one I use on a daily basis. I've tried my hardest to get it removed. I've changed the email address on file, and even called/emailed Emirates. But according to them there is no issue. I'm CONSTANTLY (and I mean literally every single flight I take with EK) approached by the head purser and asked to confirm my email as the one they have on file is invalid.

While it isn't really a big deal and doesn't affect me majorly, it is slightly annoying. I still receive correspondence from EK in whatever email I have on file.

Is this only me? Or is anyone else experiencing it too?
Old Dec 21, 2013, 5:27 am

Programs: EK Silver
Exact same thing happens to my partner every single time. Drives him mad.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 8:00 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
Used to happen to me so I changed my email address anyway to one that was not being used by any others of my family and hey presto ... never asked again.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 10:03 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by mrtdxb
Used to happen to me so I changed my email address anyway to one that was not being used by any others of my family and hey presto ... never asked again.

I had the same issue as well. I had used my email ID for my mom and dads tickets so that I could manage their booking . Same issue with invalid email but I was getting all emirates emails to my inbox. I wonder if the pursers computer has a different software which flags up if the same email address is used for different accounts .

I changed my gmail address and it has since been OK. I wonder who the OP's email provider is? Also is it a complicated email address with additional characters.?
Old Dec 21, 2013, 11:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold, TK Elite +, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ukdoctor
I had the same issue as well. I had used my email ID for my mom and dads tickets so that I could manage their booking . Same issue with invalid email but I was getting all emirates emails to my inbox. I wonder if the pursers computer has a different software which flags up if the same email address is used for different accounts .

I changed my gmail address and it has since been OK. I wonder who the OP's email provider is? Also is it a complicated email address with additional characters.?
The email address I had on file WAS being used by another Skywards account. However I since changed it to my personal email, then my work email. I even created a brand new email address to use with it. However I faced the same issue each time.

To answer your question, I have tried Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail (now Outlook), and our own private domain hosted by Godaddy. There were no special characters in my address - not even a number.

Like I said, it's not a major problem. It's interesting to see that a few people have been experiencing this though. Makes you wonder about the server-side mechanics of the enigma that is Emirates administration.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 11:36 pm

Me too :0(

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.