combine PNRs?

Old Oct 17, 2013, 10:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
combine PNRs?

I booked two award tickets, one with my miles and one with a friend's miles for my wife and I. Same itinerary and same flights just two different reservations. Is there any way to join them together so that we can get the car service worked out better. Both are in F and I'd like to reserve a car for 2 rather than 2 cars for 1 each....and would also help keeping our seat assignments.

Thanks.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 11:22 pm

You can just book the car for one, no need to 'join' the bookings. In a similar scenario I almost always book the 2 cars (just in case). Sometimes the chauffeur company calls and double checks if 2 cars are needed (to them it works out more revenue since they charge EK for the 2 cars anyway).

And for seat assignments, it won't work out any better because EK doesn't typically oversell F or restrict seat pairs to a booking with 2 passengers, and so if the seats you'd like to have are available you get them assigned.

If you must, give EK a call and ask them to 'link' the bookings. That's about how far it will go. Not sure you could combine PNRs but you could give it a go since both are for the same flights and booked in the same fare buckets.

Can I ask if both were booked using Skywards miles?
Old Oct 17, 2013, 11:27 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Miles & More, SPG, Marriott
Same experience here. I booked a car and my fiancée rode with me although she wasn't on the same PNR, no problem.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 12:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by edy4eva
You can just book the car for one, no need to 'join' the bookings. In a similar scenario I almost always book the 2 cars (just in case). Sometimes the chauffeur company calls and double checks if 2 cars are needed (to them it works out more revenue since they charge EK for the 2 cars anyway).

And for seat assignments, it won't work out any better because EK doesn't typically oversell F or restrict seat pairs to a booking with 2 passengers, and so if the seats you'd like to have are available you get them assigned.

If you must, give EK a call and ask them to 'link' the bookings. That's about how far it will go. Not sure you could combine PNRs but you could give it a go since both are for the same flights and booked in the same fare buckets.

Can I ask if both were booked using Skywards miles?
Booked with Alaska miles. 90k each from lax-mle
Old Oct 18, 2013, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by apolloms
Booked with Alaska miles. 90k each from lax-mle
In this case, EK will be unable to modify anything about the bookings prior to departure, whether to combine or link.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.