FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   More than one chauffeur drive vehicle on a single booking? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1503618-more-than-one-chauffeur-drive-vehicle-single-booking.html)

SFW13 Sep 16, 2013 2:36 pm

More than one chauffeur drive vehicle on a single booking?

My wife, three kids and I will be traveling in J with Emirates next week from NCL along with probably a couple of hundred kilos of luggage. We're likely to have 10-12 big bags, I imagine.

We've not yet booked our flights. Before I do, I wondered how Emirates are likely to handle our needs with respect to the chauffeur drive. Will they allow us multiple vehicles? We simply won't fit in just one.

If not, would splitting our party across two reservations make a difference.

I can and will, of course, ask Emirates about this. But I thought it worth consulting the wisdom of this group before I do.

Any thoughts?

DYKWIA Sep 16, 2013 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by SFW13 (Post 21454976)
My wife, three kids and I will be traveling in J with Emirates next week along with probably a couple of hundred kilos of luggage. We're likely to have 10-12 big bags, I imagine.

We've not yet booked our flights. Before I do, I wondered how Emirates are likely to handle our needs with respect to the chauffeur drive. Will they allow us multiple vehicles? We simply won't fit in just one.

If not, would splitting our party across two reservations make a difference.

I can and will, of course, ask Emirates about this. But I thought it worth consulting the wisdom of this group before I do.

Any thoughts?

You can get a car for each passenger. So 2 cars between 4 of you won't be an issue.

Alternatively, you can just ask them to send a van.

Northumberland Lady Sep 16, 2013 3:43 pm

Where are you flying to? If its to DXB then they have some very large vehicles, or as DYKWIA says you can have more than one vehicle.
If DXB is not your final destination then it all depends.

jmeselby Sep 16, 2013 10:45 pm

I wouldn't recommend the vans, but I gues you're not going to want to split the family up between more than two cars (depending on age). Distance is also a factor, we had c. 90 miles to LHR so I didn't want the Vito!

I ordered two cars (Mercedes E300 Hybrid, saloons) and we only just got our 4 large suitcases and two small carry on's in them.

There was no problem booking two, but they were booked seperately.

SFW13 Sep 17, 2013 12:06 am

Thanks all

We only need cars at the Newcastle end (we're about 55 miles from NCL) and this is a one way reservation.

We can't split the party across more than two cars, as all three kids are under five; we could use a car just for bags, if that was an option.

I'll book our flights today and see what we can arrange.

jackiedada Sep 17, 2013 1:34 am

When I and my wife and our daughter were in London the year before last and were carrying a stroller and a car seat, we had requested a large car and they had sent us a Mercedes Viano - that had a lot of space for luggage and big enough to carry 6-7 people.

Northumberland Lady Sep 17, 2013 6:57 am

We've been collected by emirates chauffeur for newcastle - its actually handled by an external company. If you call Emirates they should be able to give you the telephone number to discuss it with them - I know this because I needed to phone them myself in relation to a booking I had made. They were incredibly helpful.

murtaza12 Sep 17, 2013 7:11 am

Yeah, of course you can! You could book two, one in your name and one for your wife. That's how my dad had it done in DXB.

Turicus Sep 18, 2013 1:49 am

I suggest booking two cars, then following up with a call a few days before the flight.

On one occasion, my fiancee and I had loads of luggage, so we simply called up and told them about it. Emirates got the limo company to send us a huge station wagon Merc. All good.