Search

Best seat on A380 (Y)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2013, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: VA Silver, IHG Platinum
Best seat on A380 (Y)

Hi

I just book a flight with miles in a short hop from BKK-HKG-BKK. However I would like some idea about which seat is best in Y class as this is my first time on this aircraft.

Thanks
Old Sep 7, 2013, 2:23 pm

Programs: EK, BA, EY, SQ, IHG, HH, SPG
Best seat on A380 (Y)

Bulk head 41/43 c depending on the aircraft or G or 67 also bulk head would be my choice. I prefer 41/43 although some might not like too many people. Gathering at front during flight.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 3:41 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Try 68 A/K or 81A/K - oodles of legroom as no seat in front.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 6:47 am

Programs: EK Skywards silver Miles and Smiles Hilton Honours Hyatt Priority Club Kestrel A
Originally Posted by jackiedada
Try 68 A/K or 81A/K - oodles of legroom as no seat in front.
Everyone says this but every time I've tried to prebook them they are blocked?
Old Sep 9, 2013, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by daisymay2
Everyone says this but every time I've tried to prebook them they are blocked?
Marked as exit row seats. Go to the airport early and grab them...
Old Sep 9, 2013, 7:05 am

Programs: EK Skywards silver Miles and Smiles Hilton Honours Hyatt Priority Club Kestrel A
Thanks!
Old Sep 9, 2013, 12:47 pm

"Early" as in 3 hours +- I have managed to snag these seats on several occasions but you have to be there very early. On DXB transfers go to the transfer desk upon arrival and get it assigned if you are +-3h to next flight. Anything less you chances are slim.

I have had both 68A and 81A and to be honest you want to to aim for row 68 (A or K) as there are only bathrooms ahead, in row 81 the galley is ahead and can be very noisy on an overnight flight.

Also...the check in agent has to call the controller to get these seats released as they are not available for general release at check in.

Good luck!
Old Sep 14, 2013, 9:56 am

Can anyone tell me what 45 D & E are like on the A380. Been reading this thread and all the aforementioned seats have gone but this also looks like its a bulkhead - any positives or negatives?

Thanks in advance
Old Sep 14, 2013, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by carolynn
Can anyone tell me what 45 D & E are like on the A380. Been reading this thread and all the aforementioned seats have gone but this also looks like its a bulkhead - any positives or negatives?

Thanks in advance
They are bulk head seats so there is a high possibility of you either sitting next to a family with an infant or being moved in case they have to make space for more than 1 family with an infant. They have a good amount of leg room thouh the seat is a bit narrow as the ICE screens go into the arm rests - also the seat armrests cannot be moved up to create a larger space in case the seat next to you is empty.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 6:45 am

I've just bagged 41K. Opted for the window instead of the aisle. Have I made a mistake?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.