Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skysurfers to Skywards?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2013, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Skysurfers to Skywards?

Hello. I am new to this forum. I and my father registered for my Skysurfers account a few years ago. Now I am over the age of 16 and I wish to make my Skysurfers account into a Skywards account. Is my account automatically upgraded or do i have to do this manually? Please reply quick as I have to travel in a few days. Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 9:57 am
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by taimurtk100
Hello. I am new to this forum. I and my father registered for my Skysurfers account a few years ago. Now I am over the age of 16 and I wish to make my Skysurfers account into a Skywards account. Is my account automatically upgraded or do i have to do this manually? Please reply quick as I have to travel in a few days. Thanks in advance.
You know thats a very good question. I have no idea but why dont you send an email to Skywards and see if they respond. I will send an email to Dubai today for you.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eightblack
You know thats a very good question. I have no idea but why dont you send an email to Skywards and see if they respond. I will send an email to Dubai today for you.
Well for some reason I can't access my Skywards/Skysurfers account. Otherwise I would have sent an email long ago. Actually I did send an email and they replied that I needed to be logged in to my Skywards account to send emails to them. So please send an email to Dubai for me and see if this can be sorted out.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:15 pm

Programs: Skywards, Airpoints
Mine ticked over automatically but I only found out when the cards arrived. My account online was updated afterward.

Still some issues though a couple of years down the track, with the EK website preventing me from logging in to book flights claiming I'm still Skysurfers... This despite a hassle free logon to the Skywards website proper.

Cheers
Old Jul 9, 2013, 12:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by taimurtk100
Well for some reason I can't access my Skywards/Skysurfers account. Otherwise I would have sent an email long ago. Actually I did send an email and they replied that I needed to be logged in to my Skywards account to send emails to them. So please send an email to Dubai for me and see if this can be sorted out.
Do you have any miles in the account? If not, may be it would be easier to just open a new Skywards account
Old Jul 9, 2013, 5:23 am
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Skywards in Dubai have just responded and they state "yes your Skysurfers account is automatically converted to a Skywards account and you will receive a new card after your 16th birthday..."
Old Jul 9, 2013, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Do you have any miles in the account? If not, may be it would be easier to just open a new Skywards account
I traveled to Germany last year. So that means about 5000 miles are in my account. so that's why I won't make a new Skywards account.

Originally Posted by eightblack
Skywards in Dubai have just responded and they state "yes your Skysurfers account is automatically converted to a Skywards account and you will receive a new card after your 16th birthday..."
I sent an email again and they said my Skysurfers account was now a Skywards Blue account. So I guess It is done automatically.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.