EK MBNA credit cards

Old Jun 22, 2018, 12:45 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
The rental car insurance is also a good benefit if you rent cars in the US at any point (which I will be a week on Saturday).

You also some some half decent offers. There was a £200 cashback on flights over £800 recently. That reduced my J MAN-DXB flight from £1400 to £1200.
Will you be able to check if they are flex or saver before booking?
Old Jun 22, 2018, 1:39 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by ukdoctor
I guess you can. I had to book via the Amex Travel Service, so you'd just need to ask them to book the particular fare you wanted. Mine was actually a KLM flight, and I did it online. Looking back, I wish I'd paid the extra for a EK flight and got the £200 of that instead
ukdoctor likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 1:50 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by ukdoctor
No experience with Amex directly but with other similar "travel portals" etc through my insurance or bank as DYKWIA says send an e-mail with exact flights and fare type or call, then they can do it.
ukdoctor likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 3:53 am

Has anyone else noticed the way the MBNA cards work on the underground if used as contactless touch in and touch out

If both cards ( amex and visa ) are used at the same time ( 2 people travelling) then the final charge is only for 1 person .

Suspect this is a bug in the system. Has been like this ever since contactless was started and still the same as of yesterday.

Last edited by ukdoctor; Jul 14, 2018 at 4:15 am
Old Jul 22, 2018, 8:10 am

Programs: Skywards
Emirates Skywards DIB Credit Card

EK just launched a scheme for UAE residents:
https://www.emirates.com/ae/english/...banks/dib.aspx

The Emirates Skywards DIB Credit Card gives you the opportunity to earn Skywards Miles on all spends. Every time you use the card to buy groceries or fuel, pay your household expenses, or just shop around, you come closer to your dream destination. You can earn even more Skywards Miles when you book your next trip with Emirates or spend in foreign currency.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 9:20 am

On the MBNA account website the Amex version has disappeared now as planned.

From what I understood , the amex version will not work but the Visa version of the EK MBNA will work like the MBNA Horizon cash back and they will send us new cards soon.

Has anyone used their MBNA Visa and did you get cash back?
Old Jul 23, 2018, 4:09 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards - GOLD, Virgin Atlantic, Avios
My both accounts have updated to MBNA horizon cards yet I haven’t received them yet. I think I’m due to get £65 cashback on one of the cards (because I only paid for elite 6 or 7 months ago) but I think it can only be redeemed against purchases.

What do you guys think of the new cards? I think I’m going to cancel both of them and just use my Amex when I can.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by thelifeofdizzy
My both accounts have updated to MBNA horizon cards yet I haven’t received them yet. I think I’m due to get £65 cashback on one of the cards (because I only paid for elite 6 or 7 months ago) but I think it can only be redeemed against purchases.

What do you guys think of the new cards? I think I’m going to cancel both of them and just use my Amex when I can.

I am not cancelling the card. I agree that it is not good for spending in the UK
​​​​
As per the article I have linked to , the visa horizon seems to be good for overseas spend as there is no Fx transaction fee . Yes there are many other cards which do the same but with the 0.5% cash back from this card it will more than cover the interchange fee . Just need to remember to pay in the local currency and not accept DCC

https://www.headforpoints.com/2018/0...top-defecting/

I am travelling next month and will test it out. Their is no annual fee on the card anyway and I will see whether it works..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.