Wiki Posts
Search

Can my miles be of any use

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2013, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Unhappy Can my miles be of any use

Hi All...

I am new to this forum and the whole skywards and points etc etc... Since its been 2 days now and Emirates has not sent me a password reset email, i figured I would post my question here...

I have 18k miles (yes ONLY 18k) and my 8 year has 15k miles

I am flying LAX-DXB-KHI in August..

Can my miles be of ANY use? other than expiring?
Old Jun 4, 2013, 10:20 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by BIA24
Hi All...

I am new to this forum and the whole skywards and points etc etc... Since its been 2 days now and Emirates has not sent me a password reset email, i figured I would post my question here...

I have 18k miles (yes ONLY 18k) and my 8 year has 15k miles

I am flying LAX-DXB-KHI in August..

Can my miles be of ANY use? other than expiring?
You'll have enough miles for an upgrade for the dxb khi leg....
Old Jun 4, 2013, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Thank you SOO much for your reply!!!!!!

Should i use my miles? or wait until i return ? (KHI-DXB-LAX) will there be enough miles for the upgrade to the DXB-LAX stretch returning?
Old Jun 4, 2013, 10:54 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Negative. If you're on a flex ticket, then LAX-DXB-KHI would earn you each 16,000 miles, leaving you far short of what you would need -- i.e., 52,500 each way -- to upgrade to LAX.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 11:10 am
Original Poster

thanks! i guess i will just use my miles to upgrade to the dxb-khi stretch,,,

Thanks a lot for your help! really appreciate it
Old Jun 4, 2013, 6:05 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
I would recommend DXB-KHI over KHI-DXB as you can enjoy the lounge for the 6 hr or so layover.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 3:19 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by sadiqhassan
I would recommend DXB-KHI over KHI-DXB as you can enjoy the lounge for the 6 hr or so layover.
. . . and if the upgrade is denied, then you still have plan B for the return. Though one benefit of upgrading the KHI-DXB would be access to business-class check-in, boarding, and other expedited services (not sure if they have business-class security or immigration access?) at KHI, which was pretty chaotic last time I was there.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Thank you soo much guys for your responses... i will definitely act upon them!! thanks so much..

I have 3 year (well behaved LOL) daughter.. who will be traveling EK for the first time and will they deny me upgrade because I cant upgrade her? or will i be able to pay for her upgrade?
Old Jun 7, 2013, 10:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: EK Plat, UA GS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by BIA24
Thank you soo much guys for your responses... i will definitely act upon them!! thanks so much..

I have 3 year (well behaved LOL) daughter.. who will be traveling EK for the first time and will they deny me upgrade because I cant upgrade her? or will i be able to pay for her upgrade?
If you have enough miles, they will let you upgrade her, if not then I don't think you have another choice, as you obviously can't leave her alone in Y. To pay for an upgrade, you cannot only pay to upgrade certain segments like you can do with miles, but must be all the flights going, or all the flights coming. For example, if you wanted to pay to UG, you would need to pay how much it would cost to UG LAX-DXB-KHI or V.v.

-ek202

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.