Wiki Posts
Search

Status heavy routes

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2013, 4:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold
Status heavy routes

I thought it would be interesting to hear people's experiences of routes they fly and how many plats/golds/silvers there are...

I commonly do man dxb and there are usually at least 10/15 golds....

I hear some of the routes to Africa have lots of golds etc

Any routes people Kmow of with few status pax?
Old Jun 1, 2013, 6:18 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
I don't know the absolute numbers but I've seen far more golds on BOM-DXB as compared to BOM-BLR - the two routes that I end up doing ex India. I enquired recently in JFK, I was told that there were some 30+ odd Golds on the 380 with 6 or so in Y. I am sure LHR must also be a premium heavy flight.
Old Jun 1, 2013, 11:41 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
DXB-ACC
Old Jun 1, 2013, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by Forrest Bump
DXB-ACC
Indeed, usually around 100+ Golds on that route.
Old Jun 1, 2013, 7:59 pm

BEY is another status heavy route. I once saw 11 out of 12 gold in F, 30+ in J!
Old Jun 2, 2013, 3:33 am

Programs: EK, BA, EY, SQ, IHG, HH, SPG
Status heavy routes

Dxb-Doh status heavy. Once saw 5 io's on one flight.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 5:30 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, HHonours Gold, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by jackiedada
I don't know the absolute numbers but I've seen far more golds on BOM-DXB as compared to BOM-BLR - the two routes that I end up doing ex India. I enquired recently in JFK, I was told that there were some 30+ odd Golds on the 380 with 6 or so in Y. I am sure LHR must also be a premium heavy flight.
I wouldn't expect many golds on BOM - BLR to be fair.

DXB - BLR does seem to be light on golds and does DXB - MNL.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 6:30 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Raptor23
I wouldn't expect many golds on BOM - BLR to be fair.
If fact you would expect any . Sorry, actually meant DXB-BLR...
Old Jun 2, 2013, 6:30 am

Programs: EK Plat, IHG Amb Spire
DXB-SIN is certainly status heavy. The 10 times or so that I had flown back and forth, I never managed to bag an op up from Y as F & J were full.

On the other hand DXB-CGK is status light. I've flown DXB-BKK a few times and always managed an op up although a quick glance at the manifest showed tons of golds
Old Jun 2, 2013, 8:14 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by RedDxb
DXB-SIN is certainly status heavy. The 10 times or so that I had flown back and forth, I never managed to bag an op up from Y as F & J were full.

On the other hand DXB-CGK is status light. I've flown DXB-BKK a few times and always managed an op up although a quick glance at the manifest showed tons of golds
I think it really depends on when you fly. During summer/Christmas, I've had almost 100% op-ups on SIN-DXB.

In the past, DXB-KUL/HKG have been pretty light on Golds, but this may well be changing due to the increase of EK's presence in these markets over the last 2-3 years. I've also found EK's US destinations (other than JFK) to be pretty Gold light, but this may again be changing as EK becomes more established in the US market.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 8:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: EK Plat, UA GS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by Europeanexplorer
I've also found EK's US destinations (other than JFK) to be pretty Gold light, but this may again be changing as EK becomes more established in the US market.
Yes, JFK is almost always elite heavy. Back when I was gold a few months ago, I was in F on 203, and when I was asked when I would like to shower, my 2 preferred times were unavailable because most of the cabin was full of gold and an IO. Plat has made this better, but it is one of the destinations that will always be elite heavy. Ive also noticed that flights to SYD have quite a few elites as well.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by RedDxb
Just remembered this from my last trip to SIN: a stack of io baggage tags at the F desk. For them to be that prominent they must be used a lot, right?

Old Jun 4, 2013, 5:48 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by edy4eva
Just remembered this from my last trip to SIN: a stack of io baggage tags at the F desk. For them to be that prominent they must be used a lot, right?
Interesting, I've never seen those before. Thought you just get F tages
Old Jun 4, 2013, 7:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Zol
Interesting, I've never seen those before. Thought you just get F tages
I think I'd rather just have F tags, most people wouldn't have a clue what they were. Look pretty cool but I agree of many stations including DXB first check in on a number of occasions I have never seen these!
Old Jun 4, 2013, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

DXB-PVG and -CAN in my experiences both seem to be very EK Gold heavy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.