FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   Status heavy routes (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1472046-status-heavy-routes.html)

m3red Jun 1, 2013 4:40 am

Status heavy routes

I thought it would be interesting to hear people's experiences of routes they fly and how many plats/golds/silvers there are...

I commonly do man dxb and there are usually at least 10/15 golds....

I hear some of the routes to Africa have lots of golds etc

Any routes people Kmow of with few status pax?

jackiedada Jun 1, 2013 6:18 am

I don't know the absolute numbers but I've seen far more golds on BOM-DXB as compared to BOM-BLR - the two routes that I end up doing ex India. I enquired recently in JFK, I was told that there were some 30+ odd Golds on the 380 with 6 or so in Y. I am sure LHR must also be a premium heavy flight.

Forrest Bump Jun 1, 2013 11:41 am

DXB-ACC

B747-437B Jun 1, 2013 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by Forrest Bump (Post 20848068)
DXB-ACC

Indeed, usually around 100+ Golds on that route.

edy4eva Jun 1, 2013 7:59 pm

BEY is another status heavy route. I once saw 11 out of 12 gold in F, 30+ in J!

Havoc10G Jun 2, 2013 3:33 am

Status heavy routes

Dxb-Doh status heavy. Once saw 5 io's on one flight.

Raptor23 Jun 2, 2013 5:30 am

Originally Posted by jackiedada (Post 20846821)
I don't know the absolute numbers but I've seen far more golds on BOM-DXB as compared to BOM-BLR - the two routes that I end up doing ex India. I enquired recently in JFK, I was told that there were some 30+ odd Golds on the 380 with 6 or so in Y. I am sure LHR must also be a premium heavy flight.

I wouldn't expect many golds on BOM - BLR to be fair.:D

DXB - BLR does seem to be light on golds and does DXB - MNL.

jackiedada Jun 2, 2013 6:30 am

Originally Posted by Raptor23 (Post 20851232)
I wouldn't expect many golds on BOM - BLR to be fair.:D

If fact you would expect any :). Sorry, actually meant DXB-BLR...

RedDxb Jun 2, 2013 6:30 am

DXB-SIN is certainly status heavy. The 10 times or so that I had flown back and forth, I never managed to bag an op up from Y as F & J were full.

On the other hand DXB-CGK is status light. I've flown DXB-BKK a few times and always managed an op up although a quick glance at the manifest showed tons of golds

Europeanexplorer Jun 2, 2013 8:14 am

Originally Posted by RedDxb (Post 20851393)
DXB-SIN is certainly status heavy. The 10 times or so that I had flown back and forth, I never managed to bag an op up from Y as F & J were full.

On the other hand DXB-CGK is status light. I've flown DXB-BKK a few times and always managed an op up although a quick glance at the manifest showed tons of golds

I think it really depends on when you fly. During summer/Christmas, I've had almost 100% op-ups on SIN-DXB.

In the past, DXB-KUL/HKG have been pretty light on Golds, but this may well be changing due to the increase of EK's presence in these markets over the last 2-3 years. I've also found EK's US destinations (other than JFK) to be pretty Gold light, but this may again be changing as EK becomes more established in the US market.

Emirates202 Jun 2, 2013 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by Europeanexplorer (Post 20851741)
I've also found EK's US destinations (other than JFK) to be pretty Gold light, but this may again be changing as EK becomes more established in the US market.

Yes, JFK is almost always elite heavy. Back when I was gold a few months ago, I was in F on 203, and when I was asked when I would like to shower, my 2 preferred times were unavailable because most of the cabin was full of gold and an IO. Plat has made this better, but it is one of the destinations that will always be elite heavy. Ive also noticed that flights to SYD have quite a few elites as well.

edy4eva Jun 3, 2013 1:37 am

Originally Posted by RedDxb (Post 20851393)

Just remembered this from my last trip to SIN: a stack of io baggage tags at the F desk. For them to be that prominent they must be used a lot, right? :rolleyes:

http://i41.tinypic.com/2reqr0n.jpg

Zol Jun 4, 2013 5:48 am

Originally Posted by edy4eva (Post 20855938)
Just remembered this from my last trip to SIN: a stack of io baggage tags at the F desk. For them to be that prominent they must be used a lot, right? :rolleyes:

Interesting, I've never seen those before. Thought you just get F tages

m3red Jun 4, 2013 7:22 am

Originally Posted by Zol (Post 20863045)
Interesting, I've never seen those before. Thought you just get F tages

I think I'd rather just have F tags, most people wouldn't have a clue what they were. Look pretty cool but I agree of many stations including DXB first check in on a number of occasions I have never seen these!

TRAVELSIG Jun 4, 2013 7:44 am

DXB-PVG and -CAN in my experiences both seem to be very EK Gold heavy.