Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Fuel Surcharges on EK Reward Tickets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fuel Surcharges on EK Reward Tickets

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2013, 10:56 am

There definitely was a change at the beginning of this week that has bumped up the Taxes and fees. Looks like it's a fuel surcharge but no official announcement of it as there has been previously. Some discussion here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...hing-else.html
Old Jun 17, 2013, 9:57 am

Programs: skywards Gold, Krisflyer
Reward flight economy saver return BHX-DXB-SIN in February 2010 cost 67,500 miles + Ł70 (airport taxes etc).

'Reward' flight economy saver return BHX-DXB-SIN in February 2013 cost: 75,000 miles + Ł120 (airport tax etc)

'Reward' flight economy saver return BHX-DXB-SIN in May 2013 cost: 75,000 miles + Ł120 (airport tax etc) + Ł80 carrier imposed charges i.e. fuel surcharge.

'Reward' flight economy saver return BHX-DXB-SIN in mid June 2013 cost: 75,000 miles + Ł120 (airport tax etc) + Ł220 carrier imposed charges i.e. fuel surcharge.

Don't you just love this FF 'equalisation' process with Qantas. For a good account of why the changes to Skywards read June 14 'Australian Business Traveller'.
...and not a peep out of Emirates airlines to its Skywards members.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 11:43 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by philduck
Reward flight economy saver return BHX-DXB-SIN in February 2010 cost 67,500 miles + Ł70 (airport taxes etc).

'Reward' flight economy saver return BHX-DXB-SIN in February 2013 cost: 75,000 miles + Ł120 (airport tax etc)

'Reward' flight economy saver return BHX-DXB-SIN in May 2013 cost: 75,000 miles + Ł120 (airport tax etc) + Ł80 carrier imposed charges i.e. fuel surcharge.

'Reward' flight economy saver return BHX-DXB-SIN in mid June 2013 cost: 75,000 miles + Ł120 (airport tax etc) + Ł220 carrier imposed charges i.e. fuel surcharge.

Don't you just love this FF 'equalisation' process with Qantas. For a good account of why the changes to Skywards read June 14 'Australian Business Traveller'.
...and not a peep out of Emirates airlines to its Skywards members.
I know you were looking to redeem miles, but in case it helps, don't forget to reduce taxes/fees, you can purchase the DXB-SIN leg using expedia (brazil version only) and because DXB-SIN is a Qantas codeshare, it prices out the flight without charging any taxes/fees.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver | AA LT Gold | EY Silver | Marriott LT Titanium
I wonder how long it will be until they bring surcharges to upgrade awards as well....
Old Jun 17, 2013, 2:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Hyperacusis
I wonder how long it will be until they bring surcharges to upgrade awards as well....
Given that EK seems to be wanting to lower the scheme to that of QF's, then I doubt that they will since QF doesn't charge it
Old Nov 14, 2013, 12:29 am

Programs: EK Gold EY Gold Sirius Gold SPG Plat / LT Gold
Can anyone make any sense of the screenshot below?

Two identical reward tickets. One for adult, one for a child. Same miles required for each ticket, but much higher "Carrier Imposed Charges" for the Child.

Is this a bug or is there an EK policy of charging higher CIC for kids?

Old Nov 14, 2013, 12:52 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by dxbtraveller
Can anyone make any sense of the screenshot below?

Two identical reward tickets. One for adult, one for a child. Same miles required for each ticket, but much higher "Carrier Imposed Charges" for the Child.

Is this a bug or is there an EK policy of charging higher CIC for kids?

Definitely looks like a bug - best would be to call up EK and clarify.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 7:01 pm

Programs: Platinum : Amex | Gold : EK Bonvoy Carlson Hilton
I tried to book tickets as well for my wife & kid and it ended up with more charges (3 times more) for my 2 1/2 yo kid ! I need to call EK but I'm waiting for my Amex MR transfer ...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...-children.html
Old Apr 12, 2014, 5:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Is there any data point on, or way to find out, YQ charged on HKG or SIN to DXB? Thanks for any pointer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.