Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Nairobi to Dubai F class dine on demand, or....?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2013, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Hello,

I'm flying NBO-DXB in F and would like to know if this route has dine on demand (with the caviar and real F service and no "tray"), or would this be the usual shorter-haul style F with eat when they tell you, the tray, and the limited menu?

Thanks for any information.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 9:34 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum

My NBO-DXB in F on the A340 had a style of dining that was pretty awesome. They first give you a menu, and as you read it you think you can choose just one of the items. However, they then came out with a trolley that had all of the entrees on it in different platters, and you choose anything or everything you want and they add the items to your plate.

There were no trays, the service was all white linens and china.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 7:33 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by whimike
My NBO-DXB in F on the A340 had a style of dining that was pretty awesome. They first give you a menu, and as you read it you think you can choose just one of the items. However, they then came out with a trolley that had all of the entrees on it in different platters, and you choose anything or everything you want and they add the items to your plate.

There were no trays, the service was all white linens and china.
They do that on the short and medium-hall flights usually. I have had it to BEY and AMM but don't recall what happened to CAI
Old Mar 3, 2013, 7:44 am

Programs: EK Skywards Gold, TK Elite Plus, QR Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Zol
They do that on the short and medium-hall flights usually. I have had it to BEY and AMM but don't recall what happened to CAI
Cairo is the same. They pass the menus out and then roll past with the tray and all the selections laid out for you to chose.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 8:13 am

Programs: BA, TK, EK
The ~9am to MLE uses this method also. I normally fly longer sectors where it wouldn't be appropriate, but quite like it on the shorter flights.

There is really nothing wrong with the Skycruiser product for a daytime flight - I find the more open environment allows the crew to keep a more frequent eye on passenger needs. Promptness of beverage top-up is a key performance indicator...
Old Mar 3, 2013, 12:53 pm

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Is there any time limit to tell whether a flight will be dine-on-demand or dine-when-they-tell-you, just like the "you'll get a pajama or you won't" 8-hours-or-night rule?
Old Mar 3, 2013, 1:22 pm

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
The other thing about the "rolling out the trolley with the entrees" is that they only seem to do it on the flights without suites - I've only experienced it once in an F flight on an A330 ex BLR; never on the suites on the 777s.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 1:24 pm

Programs: BA, TK, EK
Originally Posted by jackiedada
The other thing about the "rolling out the trolley with the entrees" is that they only seem to do it on the flights without suites - I've only experienced it once in an F flight on an A330 ex BLR; never on the suites on the 777s.
I suspect the aisles are too narrow for that...
Old Mar 3, 2013, 9:05 pm

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
Dine on Demand is available for flights over 4h45 (I think). I am not sure if it applies to F products other than suites. The full trolley service is used for skycruiser and reclining F (on the 330s and 343s).

In suites on short- and medium-haul, it is service by hand on a tray (I had this AMM-DXB). No DoD on this sector.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JTXC
Dine on Demand is available for flights over 4h45 (I think). I am not sure if it applies to F products other than suites. The full trolley service is used for skycruiser and reclining F (on the 330s and 343s).

In suites on short- and medium-haul, it is service by hand on a tray (I had this AMM-DXB). No DoD on this sector.
The Nairobi flight is 5 hours, on an A340 with the suite product.

It sounds as though it will be the DoD option. The flight leaves at 440PM.

When I refer to "trays", I mean the set-up where they put down a tablecloth first, then a tray with linens on top of it, and the starter/salad/bread/utensils are all on that tray.

On all the DoD flights I've been on, they serve caviar and there have never been trolleys, nor trays.

I've done DXB-CAI and -CMB, both under 5 hours, and with the Skycruiser product to CAI they used trolleys and trays. On the CMB flight it was in 777 suites with no trolley, but still had trays.

Thanks for the info above from all!
Old Mar 6, 2013, 6:18 am

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
I flew BEY-DXB-NBO return recently (last month) and both flights were on a B777. Product was great. Food choice was good too. Not sure if F is worth it on such a "short" flight but that's just my personal opinion (and feedback from other family members who were flying in F while I was in C)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.