Wiki Posts
Search

Gold guest lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2013, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold Member
Gold guest lounge access

Just got an email from skywards that from 27th February gold members traveling in Y can again bring a guest to the business class lounge in DXB.

And as well to the emirates lounges across the network.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 11:38 am

This is probably the final straw in my relationship with Emirates.

The lounges are crowded enough already without being swamped by dozens of freeloader guests.

Old Feb 24, 2013, 1:47 pm

Programs: FB Platinum LT, HK Airlines whatever, Skywards Ex-Gold :-)
Originally Posted by B747-437B

The lounges are crowded enough already without being swamped by dozens of freeloader guests.

I agree that the lounges are crowded like hell already, however I don´t see my wife as a "freeloader guest" when we fly together....

A better option would have been, if they would hand out a certain number of guest vouchers to Gold members.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 2:50 pm

It also said that Gold can now enjoy the brand new facilities in Concourse A in Dubai. Does that include the lounge? Because, the title in the email is about lounge access.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 3:08 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Old Feb 24, 2013, 4:45 pm
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador

Crikey. We're a tough crowd. First we complain from the rooftops when the Y guest access was removed, then the Silvers stick their heads in the oven and turn the gas on full when their access is revoked....

Now when EK put everything into reverse and change course (for the better) some of us are still not happy

Personally, I think they've done a good job with this and have earned some good will brownie points.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 6:04 pm

Programs: EK Skywards silver Miles and Smiles Hilton Honours Hyatt Priority Club Kestrel A
Originally Posted by eightblack
Crikey. We're a tough crowd. First we complain from the rooftops when the Y guest access was removed, then the Silvers stick their heads in the oven and turn the gas on full when their access is revoked....

Now when EK put everything into reverse and change course (for the better) some of us are still not happy

Personally, I think they've done a good job with this and have earned some good will brownie points.
LOL at us silvers sticking our heads in the oven!
Agree, EK have done a great job and deserve credit for this.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 8:15 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold

I agree. Fly y and its hard to even get silver. Fly j and then not so much but then you'll likely be in j anyway...

I'm sure across the 3 lounges its will be ok capacity wise...big benefit to silvers, bigger than golds beings able to guest in a pax again in my view
Old Feb 24, 2013, 8:38 pm

Programs: Emirates, Etihad

I agree 100%. I only started flying Emirates last August (was awarded Gold to match other airline status, and will have over 50K next month), I was astounded when I took my wife on a flight and was told she could not join me in the lounge. Basically, made me question if I would use Emirates when flying for leisure.

I pretty much joined this forum (have lurched for a while) to acknowledge what I consider a very good decision.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 10:51 pm

Programs: CX Gold, EK, OW Saphire

I'll hold judgement until we see how the zoo turns out... if we have to line up for the toilets

From your TRs i guess you (and #1 son) enjoy some really special guest access to EK lounge anyway! - looking forward to the next one!

I wanted to ask you (as i had a lot of free time lately to catch up on TR section) - how do you go from arrival at t3 to FCL and then leave terminal for meetings before your connecting flight? Is this allowed?
Old Feb 25, 2013, 1:56 am

I have a flight coming up from AKL to SYD in March. Will be interesting to see if I'm allowed a guest in as 2 380 and a 777 all leave to the Australian east coast in quick succession. Would not be surprised if this was a point where they still disallowed guest access. Too bad for my mate who may have to wait outside, lol
Old Feb 25, 2013, 3:21 am

Programs: EK, BA, EY, SQ, IHG, HH, SPG
Gold guest lounge access

I don't think I have ever seen a camel with a stronger back than B747's. At least by the number of Ek last straws he has put on it!
Old Feb 25, 2013, 4:58 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by Havoc10G
I don't think I have ever seen a camel with a stronger back than B747's. At least by the number of Ek last straws he has put on it!
Old Feb 25, 2013, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by Havoc10G
I can't help it if my Gold status lasts for so long. I requalified for Gold in October 2011 and have barely flown EK since, but it's still valid till June 2013 because of the way my membership year aligns.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 6:19 am

Programs: Skywards Gold

Very good comment, exactly my opinion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.