Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Skywards Miles on QF Booking on EK Flights

Old Feb 21, 2013, 4:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: VA Gold, HH Gold

I just want to clarify my understanding of earning skyward miles with Qantas.

If I book flights through the Qantas website for LGW-DXB-SYD and back SYD-DXB-LRH (all in April) and the flights are all Emirates operated (i.e. all QF8xxx flight numbers), my understanding is that I can earn skyward miles, but not tier points. Is that right?

Also, any idea what would happen if I make this booking and the regulatory approval falls through?
Old Feb 21, 2013, 5:52 am
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Raynz
I just want to clarify my understanding of earning skyward miles with Qantas.

If I book flights through the Qantas website for LGW-DXB-SYD and back SYD-DXB-LRH (all in April) and the flights are all Emirates operated (i.e. all QF8xxx flight numbers), my understanding is that I can earn skyward miles, but not tier points. Is that right?

Also, any idea what would happen if I make this booking and the regulatory approval falls through?
Who do you want to credit the miles to - ie Skywards or QFF? Is the booking via QF cheaper than direct with EK? Not sure I understand why you are booking via the QF site versus the EK site?

In the above scenario, yes you would only earn Skywards miles not tier miles.

And dont worry about the regulatory approvals. They are but a formality. The deal is done. If it did fall through, I'm assuming you would receive a refund or alternative flights.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 5:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: VA Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by eightblack
Who do you want to credit the miles to - ie Skywards or QFF? Is the booking via QF cheaper than direct with EK? Not sure I understand why you are booking via the QF site versus the EK site?

In the above scenario, yes you would only earn Skywards miles not tier miles.

And dont worry about the regulatory approvals. They are but a formality. The deal is done. If it did fall through, I'm assuming you would receive a refund or alternative flights.
Thanks.

Yeah was talking about getting EK miles. Booking through the QF site was at least 60 cheaper for the same flights, so am evaluating options.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 9:22 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards | Lufthansa Miles&Mores | Hilton HHonors
I booked a MEL-DXB-MUC return for a relative recently, and QF was 200AUD cheaper the EK, pricing still hasn't been sorted out it seems.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.