Hello! AKL-DXB-BHX

Old Feb 13, 2013, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Hello! AKL-DXB-BHX

Hello, new guy here on the forum.

Brit living in Auckland at the moment. My first trip back to the UK in 2 years!

Got my eye on this itinerary:

7th Aug 17:30
EK0435 - AKL - BNE - DXB
EK0039 DXB - BHX

26th Aug 21:20
EK0038 - BHX - DXB
EK0406 DXB - MEL - AKL

I am toying with the idea of flying business on the way out as I need to be fairly fresh when I land in the UK and certainly that weekend.
Question being, is anyone able to check seat allocation for those flights and advise which seats in economy are still available. My thinking being, if I can nab some decent seats in economy i'll book them now.

Thank you and apologise if I have not used the correct terminology.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 5:34 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Ambassador
Welcome to FT Luke NZ!

Most of the flights you selected are still pretty empty. However, EK blocks most of the bulkhead and exit rows, so you will need to see if you can get one of these seats at the airport.

EK435: only a few seats are taken in rows 17-21. Most of the seats free. Business is still completely empty.
EK39: again, a couple of seats are taken at the front of economy, but at least 300+ empty seats. Business is completely empty and row 1 (bulkhead) is not blocked.

EK38: Completely empty
EK406: The forward Economy cabin is has about 40 seats booked. However, the bulkhead in row 50 is still empty in seats H,J,K and not blocked.

You will be able to select your seats as soon as you book the ticket online. I would also recommend that you take one of the A380 flights on the 7th of August (via SYD or MEL) instead of the 77W via BNE. I think the A380 is definitely more comfortable in Economy and you have the bar as well (if you chose to book in Business). Those A380 flights are also still pretty empty in both Business and Economy.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

Thank you ever so much for the reply and info!
That was my only qualm about the flight itinerary I had choose. Lack of A380, but I can address that.

Now the decider on business class. I was tempted to book economy and see what I could get at check-in re: upgrade.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 9:34 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold | South African Airways Voyager Gold
Chances are 0.0000001% for a free upgrade Unless you pay $$$ of course. Y on the A380 is definitely a million better than the 77W with the 10 abreast. We've never found upgrading cheaper at check in. Usually ~the same as when you book online or in advance..
Old Feb 14, 2013, 4:44 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by LukeNZ
Thank you ever so much for the reply and info!
That was my only qualm about the flight itinerary I had choose. Lack of A380, but I can address that.

Now the decider on business class. I was tempted to book economy and see what I could get at check-in re: upgrade.
As mentioned above, there is no point to wait for an upgrade at check-in. Besides, if you book it in advance, you can avail of the chauffeur drive as well (both in AKL and BHX). Having used this service at both these airports, I can only recommend it most highly!
Old Feb 14, 2013, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Replies noted and yeah I didn't expect there would be any chance of upgrade now a days!

Cheers people. I will continue to look and decide.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.