FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   Saver J ex-UK Fares (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1424108-saver-j-ex-uk-fares.html)

marconess Jan 4, 2013 12:46 pm

Saver J ex-UK Fares

Hey all.

I booked a return GLA->CMB fare a few months ago for March but it turns out Im going to have to change the date. I thought I may just upgrade myself both ways to J as well. However, I can't get any Saver fares departing GLA or MAN in Feb/March. Have they stopped? I traveled on a Saver fare last year in J. Whats the best way to find Saver fares? Are there any ex-UK? And can somebody tell me the class letters for Saver GLA->CMB. At the moment I'm basing it on what Skywards Miles Breakdown is telling me.

Thanks!
Mark

Dave Noble Jan 4, 2013 12:56 pm

Looking at the EK business fares to CMB, the reason you see no saver fares is because there is none
The lowest fare is IEEAXGB1 and is a flex fare

If you have the extra time and are prepared to take a longer journey to save some money to get a saver fare, you could save about GBP800 and purchase a saver fare to Singapore (OLEBPGB1) . You could then, for example, fly GLA-DXB-CMB, have a stopover in CMB and then fly CMB-SIN-DXB-GLA ( or vice versa)

This will save GBP800 but will take longer and , if it is of concern, earn less skywards miles than buying a ticket to CMB

marconess Jan 4, 2013 1:28 pm

Dave you are incredible. How brilliantly bizarre. Checked dates and times and I can save over £800 by just an extra day of my time.

Thanks for your help.

Mark

ukdoctor Jan 5, 2013 12:46 am

J saver fares ex uk are now the price of J flex fares in 2012.:mad::mad:

marconess Jan 5, 2013 1:41 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble (Post 19975788)
If you have the extra time and are prepared to take a longer journey to save some money to get a saver fare, you could save about GBP800 and purchase a saver fare to Singapore (OLEBPGB1) . You could then, for example, fly GLA-DXB-CMB, have a stopover in CMB and then fly CMB-SIN-DXB-GLA ( or vice versa)

Hey, can somebody please tell me the Class Letters for the Saver Fares on this GLA-SIN route with CMB stopover so I can pass this on to my TA.

Thanks

Zol Jan 5, 2013 2:06 am

Originally Posted by marconess (Post 19979414)
Hey, can somebody please tell me the Class Letters for the Saver Fares on this GLA-SIN route with CMB stopover so I can pass this on to my TA.

Thanks

O

Dave Noble Jan 5, 2013 2:26 am

Originally Posted by marconess (Post 19979414)

Thanks

I gave the fare basis in my reply :)

Fare basis is OLEBPGB1 which books in O class

You should be able to get it online from emirates.com

Just did a dummy booking

LGW-CMB 20/02
CMB-SIN 10/03
SIN-LGW 11/03

and it priced up at GBP1746 plus taxes of GBP197.17 for total of GBP1943.17

This was even having arrival into Singapore at 21:05 on the 10th and departing at 01:20 on the 11th , so no need ( unless you want to ) to actually spend any time in Sinagpore

marconess Jan 5, 2013 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by Dave Noble (Post 19979511)
I gave the fare basis in my reply :)

Fare basis is OLEBPGB1 which books in O class

You should be able to get it online from emirates.com

Just did a dummy booking

LGW-CMB 20/02
CMB-SIN 10/03
SIN-LGW 11/03

and it priced up at GBP1746 plus taxes of GBP197.17 for total of GBP1943.17

This was even having arrival into Singapore at 21:05 on the 10th and departing at 01:20 on the 11th , so no need ( unless you want to ) to actually spend any time in Sinagpore

Cant imagine a quick visit to Universal Studios Singapore could do any harm? :p Thanks for your help.

Dave Noble Jan 5, 2013 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by marconess (Post 19983063)
Cant imagine a quick visit to Universal Studios Singapore could do any harm? :p Thanks for your help.

A day out to Universal Singapore is not a bad way to spend some time and helps make the significant extra journey more bearable :)

Dave

ExpatSomchai Jan 5, 2013 3:56 pm

You Guys don't have any tricks on getting to PVG in J do you? Thanks

Stu1978 Jan 10, 2013 3:04 pm

Just been able to buy 2x J class fares out of August from AMS for £1437 each.

Looked at UK prices for same dates and easily asking £1950 -£2300 for the dates i wanted.

Easy enough to buy a return to AMS and then connect with me EK flights still works out cheaper than the orginal 2 from the Uk ... ok it adds a couple extra hours in AMS but a big saving of £1100.

I've travelled to BKK many times but never found a flight at that cost and i used to then travel on my own........very happy with what i got....just rather annoyed about rip off UK fares

stu

Bouncingsouls Jan 14, 2018 7:10 am

When a j saver fare is showing as “sold out” for a particular flight 6 months away, does that mean a saver fare will never open up for that flight again? Or even though it states “sold out” Emirates may still open up more saver space at a later date?

skywardhunter Jan 14, 2018 8:35 am

Originally Posted by Bouncingsouls (Post 29291077)
When a j saver fare is showing as “sold out” for a particular flight 6 months away, does that mean a saver fare will never open up for that flight again? Or even though it states “sold out” Emirates may still open up more saver space at a later date?

It might have never even existed. Usually the column appearing means one of the flight options on the screen has a saver available in some combination. It certainly could open up in the future and become available, you might even find a Special though those are kind of a waste of time. Little saving Vs savers but way fewer miles

ElJudioErrante Jan 14, 2018 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by Bouncingsouls (Post 29291077)

Never say "never" !

chris63 Feb 22, 2018 8:34 pm

Just received EK’s current Travel more for less Special offer, ex UK to SIN in J for 2,429 GBP ��

since LH & LX currently offer F ex MAN & BHX to SIN for 2,890 GBP I think I will pass on EK’s generous offer

Really EK’ s pricing is steep now