Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Getting hotel points instead of skywards points when flying EK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2012, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater

I only fly EK a couple of times a year and used to get UA miles, but now that is over. I will never have enough Skywards points to amount for anything and apparently that is the only option when flying EK? Any way to get hotel points instead for flying EK?
Old Dec 6, 2012, 2:25 pm

Good Question!

I'm going FRA-DXB-BKK and Return in January, gives 7k Skywards Points - not that much..And will be the only Flight on EK in my life...So if there is any Chance in turning these Points into Hotel Points, that would help a lot!
Old Dec 8, 2012, 2:41 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
I dont know of any hotel options but the easyjet partnership is one option if you are based in Europe.. Its not great value for money but Its better than spending it on the raffle or on the emirates high street.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 3:04 am

But that wont work with 7k Miles, right?
Old Dec 9, 2012, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by blueeagle3
Correct - 7,500 miles is the minimum redemption.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 6:10 pm
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
The only think you can do is redeem Skywards miles for Marriott reward nights. There's an online redemption form at Skywards.com - although I cant for the life of me work out how many miles is needed per night. That and the fact that the hotels listed for redemption availability are all middle east based.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:19 am

If you've just joined Skywards you'll also earn 2500 bonus miles for your first flight.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:52 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
nope. You'll get 2.5 k bonus miles plus 7 k = total 9.5 k miles

Provided you are a new skywards member and you are flying in the first 6 months .

(You did say that this will be your only EK flight so I assume that you won't be a skywards member yet!)

http://www.skywards.com/Offer_detail...06191&SkinID=1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.