FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   upgrade your flight (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1411354-upgrade-your-flight.html)

lightyear40 Nov 26, 2012 10:05 pm

upgrade your flight

Just received this message do you think it is worth it.

Thank you for choosing to fly with Emirates. We are pleased to offer you the opportunity to upgrade your travel from Economy Class on flight EK0375 from Bangkok to Dubai. This limited offer is available on a first come first serve basis at the special price of THB 10450.00 (264 euros) per person.

Skywards Miles will be earned at the rate of the original class on the ticket, not the higher upgraded class.

Chauffeur-drive service is not applicable to flights upgraded with this offer.

Airport lounge access is available prior to departure of the flight upgraded using this offer.

midkemia Nov 26, 2012 10:19 pm

Wish I would receive one of those emails. I would always take it if offered. Can I please ask what status level with EK you are?

ayeaway Nov 26, 2012 11:09 pm

I have had three of those emails out of BKK it seems to be overbooed all the time. First time I didnt and got op-uptd, second time I though stuff it as I will get-opupted anyway and I didnt. Third time I took the offer. :D

midkemia Nov 26, 2012 11:30 pm

How close to departure date do they usually get sent out?

Zol Nov 27, 2012 12:18 am

Originally Posted by midkemia (Post 19751287)
How close to departure date do they usually get sent out?

Usually 48 hours

blueeagle3 Nov 27, 2012 12:48 am

My Trip with Emirates is January 3rd. And it's been booked via Travel Agency - will I still get an Offer? What do you think? Because it's a) High Season as I was told and b) booked via TA..

SingaporeJoe Nov 28, 2012 4:33 am

I have got quite a few of those emails, too. Usually that means that the economy is oversold and they need to make space by moving some passengers to business. Instead of giving away the upgrades, the airline tries to sell them first. Happens probably only on the busy routes. Maybe there is a sinister profiling motive behind it, too, and they use that to test the price tolerance of frequent fliers.

The prices of upgrades have gone up quite a bit in the last year, and whenever I have received the email, if I do not buy the upgrade, I will be upgraded anyway. In my opinion, 264 Euros is a bit steep, though, but if you do not buy the upgrade and are not upgraded anyway you will be guaranteed to be stuck in a sold out economy cabin which usually isn't that much fun.

philduck Nov 28, 2012 9:52 am

Not sure I agree with Singapore Joe's reasoning. Was offered the 'e-mail' upgrade for my most recent (19th Nov) round of flights on a BHX-DXB leg. I took the op-up. Y was certainly not full. However, there was also plenty of capacity in J. Last year I was e-mailed a similar op-up on a KUL-DXB leg. I didn't take it. Again, Y was not full.

M Singh Nov 28, 2012 10:20 am

upgrade your flight

Am booked for SEA-BOM VIA DXB this coming Monday. I've been reading a lot about people being offered upgrades via email before flight. I've put my AS MVP Gold number in the reservation. Would I also get an offer? I do have a Skywards number though I've no status with them. Should I insert that instead to receive an offer? Any experience on what the upgrade price would be if they were to offer it? Thanks!

rathin100 Nov 30, 2012 12:31 am

TA bookings don't get these offers?

blueeagle3 Dec 9, 2012 3:06 am

Originally Posted by rathin100 (Post 19770077)
TA bookings don't get these offers?

Same Question here....Anybody knows anything?

Zol Dec 9, 2012 3:47 am

Originally Posted by blueeagle3 (Post 19822415)
Same Question here....Anybody knows anything?

I don't think it makes a difference. However your profile would have to be updated for contact details etc

blueeagle3 Dec 10, 2012 3:57 pm

Which Contact Details? Like Email and Phone Number?

Honestly, i don't even have an Account there...So you would suggest, opening one up and hoping the best?

YEGflyer Jan 31, 2013 8:34 pm

Received an offer for a flight 2 weeks away!

Thank you for choosing to fly with Emirates. We are pleased to offer you the opportunity to upgrade your travel from Economy Class on flight EKxxxx from Dubai to Delhi. This limited offer is available on a first come first serve basis at the special price of AED 670.00 per person.

Looks like Y is oversold:
P4 A4 J7 C7 I7 O4 Y2 E0 R0 W0 M0 B0 U0 K0 H0 Q0 L0 T0 V0 X0

Decided to treat myself. Still waiting for an offer to upgrade on the YYZ DXB portion...

m3red Feb 1, 2013 4:49 am

Originally Posted by YEGflyer (Post 20163549)
Received an offer for a flight 2 weeks away!

Thank you for choosing to fly with Emirates. We are pleased to offer you the opportunity to upgrade your travel from Economy Class on flight EKxxxx from Dubai to Delhi. This limited offer is available on a first come first serve basis at the special price of AED 670.00 per person.

Looks like Y is oversold:
P4 A4 J7 C7 I7 O4 Y2 E0 R0 W0 M0 B0 U0 K0 H0 Q0 L0 T0 V0 X0

Decided to treat myself. Still waiting for an offer to upgrade on the YYZ DXB portion...

I was on ek8512 today in f. There were 3 f including me and my wife and 8 in j. Y heavily overbooked and all classes ended up full. There were only 8 golds so chances are as silver I may have been bumped to f anyway...

My parents flew to Delhi yesterday and took up the offer...well worth it in my view to avoid the dubai economy checkin process...