Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Marhaba Family Services at DXB - Worth it?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2012, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates Skywards, Mileage Plus, OneWorld, Qatar Airways Privilage Club

Hello,

I will be travelling from Chicago to India via DXB on Emirates with a 3 night stopover in Dubai on the way to India and was wondering if the Marhaba Family services is worth it. I will be travelling with my wife and 1 year old daughter. Our route is ORD-JFK-DXB. If anyone has used the Marhaba family meet and greet services and is it worth it as they say they can fast track us through immigration and onto our hotel? Comments/advice would be much appreciated!
Old Nov 26, 2012, 9:48 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Why do you want it, just to fast tracK? JFK flights arrive at around 8 am or pm at which point immigration queues are minimal and I wouldn't say they are worth it. But again, I have never used Marhaba as I don't see the value and hence can't comment on their quality
Old Nov 26, 2012, 9:49 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by chicagodesi
Hello,

I will be travelling from Chicago to India via DXB on Emirates with a 3 night stopover in Dubai on the way to India and was wondering if the Marhaba Family services is worth it. I will be travelling with my wife and 1 year old daughter. Our route is ORD-JFK-DXB. If anyone has used the Marhaba family meet and greet services and is it worth it as they say they can fast track us through immigration and onto our hotel? Comments/advice would be much appreciated!
I had it for work. Even flying into dxb in j had huge queues...marahaba got my wife and I straight through....we had the bronze package which was enough.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 2:56 pm
Xlr

Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
If you're flying in on 202, you will hardly have a queue for immigration, so there is no need imo. 204 might be slightly longer but not long enough that fast track makes a meaningful difference.

It's a nice service in general, but in your case it might not be as useful.

That said, if the layover was during the return (entering Dubai from India), fast track might be worth it since most India flights arrive during peak hours.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates Skywards, Mileage Plus, OneWorld, Qatar Airways Privilage Club
Thanks for the replies, I'll be flying EK202 arriving around 8pm. We'll have 2 backpacks, 1 diaper bag and one hand stroller with us as carry-ons and then we'll have 5 suitcases that we'll need to pick up. We've arranged for shuttle pickup from the airport by the hotel, but we'd definitely need some assistance up to that point..so that's why I was thinking about it whether it'd truly be useful.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 9:30 pm
Xlr

Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
In that case, sure.

Unless, are there ways to just request luggage assistance at the airport? If you could, it would (probably) be cheaper than the whole package. I haven't needed help with my luggage so I wouldn't know.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 4:58 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
Originally Posted by Xlr
In that case, sure.

Unless, are there ways to just request luggage assistance at the airport? If you could, it would (probably) be cheaper than the whole package. I haven't needed help with my luggage so I wouldn't know.
Just after immigration and hand luggage security in DXB T3 arrivals there is always (IME) a line of porters with trolleys who are anxious to help for a small flat fee.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions..now I'm torn between what to do..Marhaba also allows use of their lounge upon departure from Dubai..so I'm thinking if we get to the airport at around 12pm for our 3pm flight to HYD it might give us space to kill time..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.