Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK have cancelled my flight - advice please?

EK have cancelled my flight - advice please?

Old Nov 21, 12, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ft101 View Post
OT: 0870 numbers are now included in many suppliers "inclusive allowance", ie they cost the same as geographic numers with BT, Sky and Talk Talk.
Unfortunately I used their 0870 number in the past - let's just say hubby was none too pleased when the bill came in!
Old Nov 22, 12, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Found a direct number on the website 'say no to 0870 numbers'
EK have now told me the flight was cancelled due to lack of numbers since changing to a larger a/c. Which we all knew was the real reason really!
Old Mar 20, 13, 3:15 am
Original Poster

Email address of CEO of EK to make a complaint please

Hi!
I wonder if someone could please let me have an email address of the CEO or equivalent so that I can make a formal complaint please.

I have contacted customer affairs in the UK but I am most dissatisfied with the attitude of the female worker who has responded.

Many thanks in anticipation.
Old Mar 20, 13, 4:35 am

Would you care to share the reason of the complaint? What went wrong? We may able to point out better avenues for action rather than just a complaint letter.
Old Mar 20, 13, 6:13 am
Original Poster

Too long to go into everything but basically:-
Our flight home was cancelled on Xmas day.
EK NEVER informed us - we found out entirely by accident.
This required a stopover in DXB on Xmas day until the next flight was available on Boxing Day.
EK gave us a stopover hotel - as per their conditions.
I have not asked for compensation but simply asked for a gesture of goodwill, after all had they been an EU airline we would have been very well compensated.
There have been various other annoyances, if all isolated we could have overlooked, but taking everything into consideration really below expectations.
Also, for the 3rd year running we are all missing skywards miles, despite numerous emails, copies of invoices, phone calls etc and I'm getting nowhere.
The response from EK UK was that they felt they had 'gone the extra mile' in giving us the hotel as they upgraded us from the Copthorne to Le meridian (travelled out in business but back in economy as Xmas day flights normally quiet).
I do not feel they have gone the 'extra mile' in any shape or form.
Old Mar 20, 13, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unfortunately I don't think you will get much however if you would like to write then the details are:

Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum (Chairman & CEO) Emirates Group
Emirates Airlines - Head Quarters
P.O.Box: 686
Dubai
United Arab Emirates

+971 (4) 295-1111
Old Mar 20, 13, 6:31 am
Original Poster

Thanks Travelsig.
No I don't think I will get much either, but I would like to express our complete dissatisfaction. Thanks very much for the address.
Old Mar 20, 13, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Northumberland Lady View Post
Thanks Travelsig.
No I don't think I will get much either, but I would like to express our complete dissatisfaction. Thanks very much for the address.
Best of luck!
Old Mar 20, 13, 6:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

How is asking for a "gesture of goodwill" any different to asking for compensation

They did give a gesture of goodwill by upgrading the hotel. If you want compensation from a company, tell them what you want and why it is justified

That an EU airline may have been required to pay compensation is irrelevent , EK isn't

They met what they were required to do; not wanting to provide compensation when it isn't required, hardly seems to justify trying to hassle the CEO of the company
Old Mar 20, 13, 7:05 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG View Post
Unfortunately I don't think you will get much however if you would like to write then the details are:

Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum (Chairman & CEO) Emirates Group
Emirates Airlines - Head Quarters
P.O.Box: 686
Dubai
United Arab Emirates

+971 (4) 295-1111
Doubt that's the right person to write to !!

It would just be a waste of time for the OP
Old Mar 20, 13, 7:37 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Zol View Post

The son of the former ruler of Dubai is not going to give one about this claim, it doesn't even sound that bad!

No offence.
Old Mar 20, 13, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zol View Post

The OP wants to write to the CEO and has admittedly said they are not looking for compensation and rather just to have the treatment noted.

Regardless of our feelings on the merit of the claim and the attention the CEO of one of the worlds largest holding companies- the OP wants to write to the CEO and now they can do so. Needless to say perhaps some under-secretary of an under-secretary of an advisor will need to write a response- however in almost any multinational organization that is the case in 2013.
Old Mar 20, 13, 8:08 am
Original Poster

I purposely did not give all the details as is my right, but some of the circumstances which we encountered at the hands of EK were most distasteful to say the least and I do intend to draw attention to these matters.
It is my intention therefore to write to the CEO - I appreciate you may have an opinion on this decision - and you are very welcome to your opinion, as I am entitled to mine.
Old Mar 20, 13, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by Northumberland Lady View Post
they felt they had 'gone the extra mile' in giving us the hotel as they upgraded us....
I do not feel they have gone the 'extra mile' in any shape or form.
Thanks for the info. So essentially they sort of told you that they've done that little bit more than they're required to. If that's the case then that particular person has an attitude problem (either that or it's you who has the problem but please don't misunderstand me here, merely reflecting from an outsider's perspective).

I would get in touch, not with the CEO office but with someone who is more hands on customer service than overseeing an organisation the size of a small country. Since you're in the UK your best bet is to write to whoever is charge. I know some FT'ers might have the email of that someone.

Good luck, though I am not sure what you want to get out of this?
Old Mar 20, 13, 9:20 am

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, EK Gold, BonvoyAmb
this sounds very deja-vu ....

Didnt we have someone else post about a xmas day cancellation and they werent offered compensation.... Think flight was to Newcastle

Search this Thread
Search Engine: