Dubai Connect / STPC

Old Apr 12, 2017, 4:48 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Have just upgraded an Itinerary SYD- DXB -DXB- GLA (Thanks ATK for selling the miles!)

I had also changed my flights so that I now have a 9h stopover and have booked STPC.

Questions:
For ground transport, will EK arrange Chauffeur drive to bring me back to the airport?
How much time should I leave to clear security and lunch in J lounge if flight is at 1450?
How have people found pool facilities at Le Meridien? I'd rather swim than sleep.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 4:49 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by lamprey
Two questions:

1) I have an upcoming flight with a 14 hour layover, but there is also an earlier flight with only a 9 hour layover. My manage booking page says that I'm eligible and can select a room preference. However, after reading the terms about being on the earliest available flight, I called to confirm that I am still eligible. I was told (by a semi-clueless agent) that I am and that my hotel room selection I made on the website is confirmed. What are the odds that when I get to my departing airport (or DXB) that I'm told my flight isn't, in fact, eligible?

2) I frequently am offered the opportunity to buy up to business for $200 on my first leg when checking in 48 hours before the flight. If I upgrade this way, would I get the nicer hotel option under Dubai Connect? (I know it wouldn't get me into the lounge or the chauffeur service)
You will only get the nicer hotel if you upgrade using miles.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 7:30 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by sydtogla
Have just upgraded an Itinerary SYD- DXB -DXB- GLA (Thanks ATK for selling the miles!)

I had also changed my flights so that I now have a 9h stopover and have booked STPC.

Questions:
For ground transport, will EK arrange Chauffeur drive to bring me back to the airport?
How much time should I leave to clear security and lunch in J lounge if flight is at 1450?
How have people found pool facilities at Le Meridien? I'd rather swim than sleep.
EK Provide transport. Just inform the hotel front desk when you are ready to go back to the airport and they'll organise the EK car.

I'd leave the hotel at noon, you'll be in the lounge by 12.30-12.40 and have 90 mins to eat and relax before heading to the gates. I would leave this much time as I almost always trek to concourse​ A (nearly bit me yesterday as my flight was from C7, far end of C, got there 2 mins before boarding closed).
BadoRas likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 10:29 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Dubai Connect

I'm going to redeem JAL miles for EK redemption flights. Either Business or First. Wanted to know if this qualifies for Dubai Connect as I have never used the program. I will get a round trip ticket on EK which seems to be the principal criteria and will be more than 6 hours.

Different hotels for First vs. Business?

thanks
Old Apr 23, 2017, 6:39 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by schley
I'm going to redeem JAL miles for EK redemption flights. Either Business or First. Wanted to know if this qualifies for Dubai Connect as I have never used the program. I will get a round trip ticket on EK which seems to be the principal criteria and will be more than 6 hours.

Different hotels for First vs. Business?

thanks
From EK:

The connection time between inbound flight arrival into Dubai and outbound flight departure from Dubai must be more than or equal to six hours and less than or equal to 24 hours. The passenger must be booked on the best available connection, that being the one with the shortest transit time in Dubai, between the inbound flight into Dubai and the outbound flight from Dubai, to qualify for the ‘Dubai Connect’ offer.

You must be certain that you are booked on the best available connecting flight in order to qualify. It will come up automatically via Manage My Booking.

As for hotels: If you are in J, Le Meridien. In F, Arabian Park Hotel. sometimes others are used.
Old May 11, 2017, 4:21 pm

A friend has booked some flights from SNN - CHC with EK.They are actually flying SNN-LHR, changing to LGW - DXB-SYD-CHC. They have a stopover of over 9hrs in DXB. From what I can tell there is no earlier flight from DXB to CHC (dept LGW at 13.35, arriving at 00.40, depart DXB at 10.15) so they should be eligible for Dubai Connect? When we logged into manage their booking I couldn't see Dubai Connect anywhere. They booked though a link from skyscanner - should they contact that company to see if they can get the Dubai connect?
Old May 11, 2017, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by mel.b
A friend has booked some flights from SNN - CHC with EK.They are actually flying SNN-LHR, changing to LGW - DXB-SYD-CHC. They have a stopover of over 9hrs in DXB. From what I can tell there is no earlier flight from DXB to CHC (dept LGW at 13.35, arriving at 00.40, depart DXB at 10.15) so they should be eligible for Dubai Connect? When we logged into manage their booking I couldn't see Dubai Connect anywhere. They booked though a link from skyscanner - should they contact that company to see if they can get the Dubai connect?
Did they complete the ticket purchase on the EK website? Was there perhaps an earlier flight at a higher cost (and in the search this would appear lower down in the results). Also reportedly if they could have taken a later flight from LGW (which there almost certainly would have been available) to shorten the layover they would not qualify for DC, it depends on both incoming and outgoing flight being the best possible to still cause a long connection.
Old May 12, 2017, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Did they complete the ticket purchase on the EK website? Was there perhaps an earlier flight at a higher cost (and in the search this would appear lower down in the results). Also reportedly if they could have taken a later flight from LGW (which there almost certainly would have been available) to shorten the layover they would not qualify for DC, it depends on both incoming and outgoing flight being the best possible to still cause a long connection.
Thanks. Just a look there and there is an evening flight from LGW that would have given them just a two hour stopover, connecting to the same DXB-CHC flight. I'll let them know. That's good to know however as I didn't realise that they also looked at the incoming flight.
Old May 28, 2017, 11:16 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Here is an interesting story:

I have a 9.5h stopover in September on a Y saver. I originally didn't qualify for STPC which was frustrating. I decided to upgrade the Y saver to a Y flex because I might need to stick around a few days. The change cost me 126GBP and I now qualify for STPC based on the minimum spend criteria. Have confirmed with EK call and got an email confirmation too.

All that to say, if you're frustrated with not getting STPC, try moving up a fare bucket and you might reach the minimum spend criteria.
Old May 30, 2017, 1:52 am

Programs: NZ G
Hi FT

Sorry to hijack the thread - not sure if this is the place for my question.

I'm looking to fly back from Europe to Auckland in October. I don't mind which airport I fly out of as I can arrange my travels so I end in any of the major cities.

I would like to use the Dubai Connect service and I am trying to work out which of the major airports has a flight that arrives in Dubai with at least 6/8 hours until the departing DXB-AKL flight at 10:05am Dubai time (and thus allowing use of the Dubai Connect hotel).

I have been using brute force thus far (mock bookings on the Emirates website). Is there a simpler way? A route schedule perhaps that lists all arrivals from Europe to DXB?

Thanks in advance

AI
Old May 30, 2017, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by AucklandIrish
Hi FT

I'm looking to fly back from Europe to Auckland in October. I don't mind which airport I fly out of as I can arrange my travels so I end in any of the major cities.

I would like to use the Dubai Connect service and I am trying to work out which of the major airports has a flight that arrives in Dubai with at least 6/8 hours until the departing DXB-AKL flight at 10:05am Dubai time (and thus allowing use of the Dubai Connect hotel).

I have been using brute force thus far (mock bookings on the Emirates website). Is there a simpler way? A route schedule perhaps that lists all arrivals from Europe to DXB?

Thanks in advance

AI
Google Flights or ITA Matrix may be of help, as you can specify multiple (I think up to 5) origin and destination airports, stopovers and carriers, so on ITA Matrix for example you can input PRG,AMS,DUS,FRA,HAM in the origin, then AKL in the destination then in the advanced routing codes XXB and C:EK+ which will show you itineraries via dubai on EK with a stop (C:EK will show only non-stops). You can skip the XXB as all EK routings would be via DXB anyway. Play around with the actual codes and see what works for you, but I'm not sure how easy it would be to find a suitable flight, given most EU stations have multiple dailies, Zagreb which was only just added might be an option, or stations with just 2 flights daily, though at least one is likely to arrive in the morning peak period.
Old May 30, 2017, 3:09 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by AucklandIrish
Hi FT

Thanks in advance

AI
Does Newcastle count as major? That's guaranteed Dubai Connect.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 3:02 am

Programs: QF Plat, NZ Silver, EY, EK, SQ & UA
Hi there,

Looking at OSL to ADD via DXB and it only gives me one option that involves a 11 hour stopover outbound and a 10 hour stopover inbound.

The fares are both Y saver that total to around £450. Will that make me eligible for Dubai Connect?

Thanks
Old Jul 25, 2017, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by tm84
Hi there,

Looking at OSL to ADD via DXB and it only gives me one option that involves a 11 hour stopover outbound and a 10 hour stopover inbound.

The fares are both Y saver that total to around £450. Will that make me eligible for Dubai Connect?

Thanks
Probably not, as it doesn't meet the minimum revenue requirement. If the layovers are during the day you could just go explore the city, though. If you don't need a visa.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 4:41 am

Programs: QF Plat, NZ Silver, EY, EK, SQ & UA
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Probably not, as it doesn't meet the minimum revenue requirement. If the layovers are during the day you could just go explore the city, though. If you don't need a visa.
Thanks @skywardhunter. The stopovers are both overnight...11:20pm-10:30am on the way out and 9:05pm-7:25am on the way back.

How much is the revenue requirement?

Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.