Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dubai Connect / STPC

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2023, 8:55 am

Hey guys,

I booked my flight from Orlando to iran (business class) and my lay over is 15 hours and 50 min. This is the shortest flight available. I do not see any dubai connect option yet. When will be available? and when should I book that?
Old Oct 24, 2023, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by Pep Pasaji
Hey guys,

I booked my flight from Orlando to iran (business class) and my lay over is 15 hours and 50 min. This is the shortest flight available. I do not see any dubai connect option yet. When will be available? and when should I book that?
I had the same recently. I used Live-Chat and had a e-mail within a few minuts with a confirmation on my ticket.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by paz1
Yes they will. We were once refused STPC service with a 25 hr connection with no shorter connection even though we were travelling business class. Although our Travel agent managed to make a request with them and they at least put us up at the Holiday Inn Dubai Airport after considering our request.
I ended up choosing first leg with 25 hours rerturn (was not the shortest connection) and second leg with 15 hours return. I used the live-chat (see post above) to make sure I could use Dubai Connect for the 15 hour one. But got confirmation for both.
At the airport they were not able to print the voucher for the 25 hour one. They gave me a piece of paper to use at the counter at DXB. There they made it happen. But I got a bit worried that I would end up without a hotel/drive. While it was no problem for me to arrange it myself because it was my own choice.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 9:28 pm

Hi everyone - I'm looking to travel with my 10 year old on Emirates from YYZ-DXB-CMB and on the way back the flight connection at DXB is either leaving CMB on Thursday night at 10:15 p.m. and sitting 1.5 hours on the tarmac at Male before continuing to Dubai and landing at 2 a.m. on Friday THEN waiting 1.5 hours to get on the 3:30 a.m. Friday flight and flying 14 hours to YYZ.

Needless to say that sounds like a nightmare to me. The next more reasonable option, I think, is to catch a flight on earlier on Thursday that leaves at 9:55 a.m. instead and go direct to Dubai landing at 1 p.m. on Thursday. Then stay in a hotel and fly out on the same 3:30 a.m. Friday flight to YYZ.

This connection is the shortest one for the 9:55 a.m. flight, but unsure if because there is a 10:15 p.m. flight on offer with a shorter trip length that means I won't qualify for the Dubai Connect service?

Worst case I'll just shell out money and stay at the airport hotel, but wanted to see if you had any insight before I book.

Thanks!

Last edited by mlv416; Nov 3, 2023 at 10:28 pm
Old Nov 8, 2023, 5:01 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by mlv416
Hi everyone - I'm looking to travel with my 10 year old on Emirates from YYZ-DXB-CMB and on the way back the flight connection at DXB is either leaving CMB on Thursday night at 10:15 p.m. and sitting 1.5 hours on the tarmac at Male before continuing to Dubai and landing at 2 a.m. on Friday THEN waiting 1.5 hours to get on the 3:30 a.m. Friday flight and flying 14 hours to YYZ.

Needless to say that sounds like a nightmare to me. The next more reasonable option, I think, is to catch a flight on earlier on Thursday that leaves at 9:55 a.m. instead and go direct to Dubai landing at 1 p.m. on Thursday. Then stay in a hotel and fly out on the same 3:30 a.m. Friday flight to YYZ.

This connection is the shortest one for the 9:55 a.m. flight, but unsure if because there is a 10:15 p.m. flight on offer with a shorter trip length that means I won't qualify for the Dubai Connect service?

Worst case I'll just shell out money and stay at the airport hotel, but wanted to see if you had any insight before I book.

Thanks!
I would definitely go with the direct flight to DXB and worst case just pay for a cheap hotel in Deira, but i think you may qualify for STPC anyway
Old Nov 19, 2023, 4:18 am

Did Dubai connect on a 12 hour layover flying business. We were assigned the JW Marriott in a 2 bed room. Great room and great service. The chauffeur service was really great too. One little hiccup was that they couldn’t issue the hotel voucher at the origin airport for some reason, maybe because our second flight was on FlyDubai. But we just went to the Dubai Connect desk at DXB and it was seamless.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 5:56 am

Programs: Skywards, Vistara, Qatar Airways, Marriot Bonvoy
Is the service available for F award bookings?
Old Nov 19, 2023, 1:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by SentinelPrime
Is the service available for F award bookings?
Definitely. I just used it last week on one. What's more, I had a 20 hour connection even though a 3 hour connection was available (both were available for award redemption). I chose the longer one because it was going to be better timings for me, and was pleasantly surprised to see that Dubai Connect was available.

Dead easy, and it was at the JW Marriott Marquis as noted. The hotel felt like a bit of a factory. The restaurant with the fairly extensive multi-station buffet looked incredible on the surface, but the quality of food at dinner was just average. Still, everything was plenty fine for a free offering! The chauffeur drive was easy in both directions, though interestingly it was a designated business class car both times.
Old Nov 27, 2023, 5:44 am

Dubai Connect on last booking denied as it was only €850 ticket... did not know of minimum fare.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by modularmayhem
I would definitely go with the direct flight to DXB and worst case just pay for a cheap hotel in Deira, but i think you may qualify for STPC anyway
Yeah - just as an update was denied the Dubai Connect service, but still think I made the correct choice with the longer layover.

Now trying to decide between the airport hotel or otherwise.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 12:52 pm
A4K

Programs: N/A
Originally Posted by mlv416
Yeah - just as an update was denied the Dubai Connect service, but still think I made the correct choice with the longer layover.

Now trying to decide between the airport hotel or otherwise.
Were you denied because of the ticket cost or taking the non-stop flight over the "direct" flight?

I just booked Dubai Connect going the other way which would have connected earlier to EK652 through MLE. I am on a F ticket so maybe that is why they allowed it, but it was not the shortest connection, EK652 was. .
Old Apr 1, 2024, 12:44 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott T- Elite
I have similar situation, I am in business Class with Emirates from YYZ to DXB, the in Business class with FLYDUBAI from DXB to MLE. We have 16hrs layover in DXB.
I am told I do not qualify for Dubai connect.
Is this correct?
Old Apr 1, 2024, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by Sohigs
I have similar situation, I am in business Class with Emirates from YYZ to DXB, the in Business class with FLYDUBAI from DXB to MLE. We have 16hrs layover in DXB.
I am told I do not qualify for Dubai connect.
Is this correct?
Not enough info to tell but you may be falling foul of this bit in the T&Cs.
Both your inbound and outbound flights to and from Dubai must be an Emirates flight (marketed by Qantas or Emirates) or a Qantas flight (marketed by Emirates or Qantas). Codeshare flights are not eligible other than EK5000 and QF8000 flights. The offer is not available on flights with other airlines and/or where Emirates is the marketing carrier only. Emirates marketed flights, operated by flyDubai, may also qualify for Dubai Connect if arriving and departing from Terminal 3.

The itinerary must be a single booking and ticketed on one ticket. The ticket must be issued on an Emirates (176) document.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 5:14 am

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott T- Elite
I booked my flight with Air Canada Aeroplan and its a single ticket that starts with 014 Code.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 7:20 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Sohigs
I booked my flight with Air Canada Aeroplan and its a single ticket that starts with 014 Code.
You have to book directly through Emirates on Emirates ticket stock to be eligible, so no I’m afraid.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.