Search

Dubai Connect / STPC

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2018, 6:10 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Just received my hotel voucher - still Le Meridien
Zol likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 4:04 am

So to get it right, still LM for J/F Pax and Copthorne for Y ? Unless they are full ?
One question, does J and F Pax get same room type at LM ? Because i recall there is a corridor for Emirates Pax (separate entrance if still the same like few years back) ?
Old Nov 14, 2018, 5:09 am

Programs: Skywards
I was at the Copthorne yesterday, I was on economy. I did approach the Dubai Connect desk (before immigration) to see if they would swap it out for the Le Meridian but was told firmly that it was only for business pax.

The Copthorne was basic, clean and food was so so. Then again, I was out for the better part of the day so can't comment on all meals.

Shuttle bus to Terminal 3 every 15 minutes and a shuttle bus to Deira City Centre round the clock too.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 8:04 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by elite13
So to get it right, still LM for J/F Pax and Copthorne for Y ? Unless they are full ?
One question, does J and F Pax get same room type at LM ? Because i recall there is a corridor for Emirates Pax (separate entrance if still the same like few years back) ?
There is a new Royal Club Wing now at the Le Meridien. So, this means there are more standard rooms available for EK.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 12:46 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by S c 0 TT y
I was at the Copthorne yesterday, I was on economy. I did approach the Dubai Connect desk (before immigration) to see if they would swap it out for the Le Meridian but was told firmly that it was only for business pax.

The Copthorne was basic, clean and food was so so. Then again, I was out for the better part of the day so can't comment on all meals.

Shuttle bus to Terminal 3 every 15 minutes and a shuttle bus to Deira City Centre round the clock too.
If you have a long stopover and want to eat some better food, the Millennium hotel which is at the other side of the courtyard swimming pool does a much better breakfast on a walk in basis. I'm not saying it is inexpensive though ($38 maybe?)
Old Nov 16, 2018, 5:46 pm

Dubai Connect while upgrading with Miles

Have an upcoming trip from Osaka to Lahore with a layover of 16 hours in DXB. Am travelling Economy class with confirmation of STPC for my transit in Dubai.

Am planning to upgrade KIX-DXB sector using my skywards miles. My question is whether my STPC entitlement would remain the same and i will get Copthorne which i usually get while travelling Economy or will it be upgraded with hotel given to Business Class travellers?
Old Nov 16, 2018, 6:43 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
you will get the copthorne, as your onwards connection is still in Y
Old Nov 19, 2018, 6:27 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
This was only my second time using Dubai connect, the first time being around two years ago. The process was really smooth, I landed at a good time to get straight through customs and was in the hotel in no time. I was only there around 6 hours in the end but I got up early and made use of the breakfast in the hotel as I am not a fan of the lounge food.

This brings about a question - what is the longest Dubai connect you have had? A 10 hour connection involving a two hour delay in the initial departure meant this wasn't quite long enough. Has any one had a Dubai connect lasting over 24 hours?
Old Nov 19, 2018, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by Will08
This was only my second time using Dubai connect, the first time being around two years ago. The process was really smooth, I landed at a good time to get straight through customs and was in the hotel in no time. I was only there around 6 hours in the end but I got up early and made use of the breakfast in the hotel as I am not a fan of the lounge food.

This brings about a question - what is the longest Dubai connect you have had? A 10 hour connection involving a two hour delay in the initial departure meant this wasn't quite long enough. Has any one had a Dubai connect lasting over 24 hours?
that shouldn't be possible except for bad IRROPS on the onward
Old Nov 19, 2018, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
that shouldn't be possible except for bad IRROPS on the onward
I don't know if there are any, but what about two places, both served less than daily?
Old Nov 19, 2018, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by ft101
I don't know if there are any, but what about two places, both served less than daily?
Good question, but no idea if EK would ticket it as a connection as most fare rules specify >24h = stopover (which is generally still free so no fare difference, but also no STPC). You mean a scenario where AAA-DXB on say Monday and DXB-BBB is only available on Wednesday for instance, leading to say 36-48 hours in transit. interesting scenario
Old Nov 19, 2018, 12:55 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
First routes that came to mind were FLL and INC. If you left FLL on a Tue you would have to wait till Fri for a connecting flight. I dont think they sell it a through ticket though. We might see this scenario come up next year during the frequency reductions
Old Nov 20, 2018, 1:58 am

Programs: Skywards
My experience was a little strange as of recent, as mentioned above I got Copthorne booked for me by EK as my connection was approx 20 hours (economy).

I on purpose wanted this connection as I had business in Dubai I wanted to finish off before my onward travel, I planned to just store my luggage at T3 once I exited not knowing that when I would click on 'manage my booking' after buying my ticket, I would get handed a hotel for free lol.

The additional twist came when I had to change my departure date after booking my ticket, I had to call EK to change it as the hotel booking on my account was causing problems for me when trying to change the departure date online.

So I called EK, they changed the departure date for me but told me that I would no longer have the hotel booking as an earlier connection is available. I said fair enough, it's not required and I didn't initially make the booking knowing I would get the room. Lo and behold, as the new ticket came through my email, the advisor was scratching his head and said "sir, your hotel reservation is still active and you can use it on your upcoming revised itinerary".
Old Jan 17, 2019, 6:03 am

Escala Dubai

Olá! Vou ter uma escala de 11 horas no Dubai e vou voar com a companhia Emirates. Onde me posso inscrever para ter o hotel gratuito?

Obrigada!
Old Jan 17, 2019, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by Daniela Martins
Olá! Vou ter uma escala de 11 horas no Dubai e vou voar com a companhia Emirates. Onde me posso inscrever para ter o hotel gratuito?

Obrigada!
Hi Daniela,

I don't speak portuguese, but I think you're saying you have an 11 hour layover in Dubai and are asking whether you can get a free hotel? This service is called Dubai Connect and is available on connections over 8 hours (6 hours in premium cabins) if there was no shorter connection available. If you are eligible it will appear as an option in Manage my booking on the Emirates website, so have a look there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.