Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Skysufers Members Linked to Parent

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skysufers Members Linked to Parent

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:47 am

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
The linked Skysurfer display is relatively new as others have indicated. Just a comment that if you remember, when you signed up the child for Skysurfer, you had to put a parent's Skywards number on the application. That was always 'stored', but is now being used by the EK site.

Rasheed
Old Nov 1, 2012, 12:38 pm

Programs: d| M&M-Sen| SPG-Gold| PC-Gold| Hyatt-Plat
An easier way to redeem your child's Skywards Miles

Got the following email from Skywards:

Dear Mr XXXXX,

Redeeming the Miles from your child's account just got a whole lot easier. Previously, you had to contact Skywards directly to redeem their Miles for Emirates flight rewards; now, you have online* control over this redemption through your own Skywards account.

All you have to do is log into your account from emirates.com and start redeeming Miles. Click here to learn more.

*The redemption process for all other rewards remains the same.

So I eagerly logged into my Skywards account status page and indeed, as mentioned previously in this thread, when you click through to redeem a reward flight here you can see the "Linked Accounts" for my children with their mileage balances!

Not bad at all. Well done EK. Haven't seen this from LH/BA/AF programs.

The help link in the email above to the FAQ page also has useful info on how to get the Skysurfers accounts linked up.

Since we have come this far, I would hope that EK will also make it possible to see my children's account balances/account activity/tier status next to my mine in my Account status area just so one could have a consolidated and an overview access (even if they are not part of a "Family bonus" program) rather than periodically having to log in and check their individual balances and credits. Wishful thinking?

And might linking the spouse's account be next? Perhaps fraught with too many complications
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:00 am

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Doing a partner reward with Skysurfer miles requires the signed redemption form, cannot be finished by phone even if linked parent/guardian is on some award PNR. Very difficult process I think.

Rasheed
Old Mar 30, 2014, 9:38 pm

Programs: VA plat EY G+ RA Hyatt Diamond
I am the PA for a sky surfers parent
it is so hard to use these points. the parent is a Doctor and cannot spend time calling to give permission so we downloaded the form on the site and he signed it.
Well I called and got an indian speaking guy in Melbourne who refused to accept the form and said they don't use them anymore that the parent has to call in. why are they on the website then???
how can that be safer than signed statement. seems they really don't want anyone using precious points. ridiculous
no wonder I now have the whole family flying Etihad!
Old Apr 1, 2014, 4:52 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold | South African Airways Voyager Gold
Originally Posted by OZJET
I am the PA for a sky surfers parent
it is so hard to use these points. the parent is a Doctor and cannot spend time calling to give permission so we downloaded the form on the site and he signed it.
Well I called and got an indian speaking guy in Melbourne who refused to accept the form and said they don't use them anymore that the parent has to call in. why are they on the website then???
how can that be safer than signed statement. seems they really don't want anyone using precious points. ridiculous
no wonder I now have the whole family flying Etihad!
When you phone just pretend to be the parent. I do it all the time and they never catch on. The whole system of Skydurfers is ridiculous.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.