Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chauffeur service query

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2012, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Chauffeur service query

Have a flight booked from AKL to BKK with a stopover in SYD.
AKL to SYD is in J and SYD to BKK is in Y. Am I entitled to chauffeur service AKL- SYD. Not showing as an option in manage my booking?
Old Oct 12, 2012, 3:41 pm
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by scwappy
Have a flight booked from AKL to BKK with a stopover in SYD.
AKL to SYD is in J and SYD to BKK is in Y. Am I entitled to chauffeur service AKL- SYD. Not showing as an option in manage my booking?
As far as I know, you wouldn't be entitled to chauffeur service as its considered trans tasman and only F qualifies.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 3:54 pm

Programs: Skywards, Airpoints
From EK website:

"Business Class itineraries which are exclusively between New Zealand and Australia are not eligible for Chauffeur-drive.
All other itineraries are eligible, including Business Class itineraries which involve a stopover in Australia. Not permitted for inter-terminal transfers."

By the sounds of it, you would only be eligible if the SYD - BKK sector was in J as well.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 7:21 pm

Did you book this as a thorough AKL-BKK fare and upgraded the first sector? if that's the case then you should be eligible for chauffeur drive at AKL and on arrival to SYD.

If you booked them as separate tickets then what others have already said applies.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by scanman24
From EK website:

"Business Class itineraries which are exclusively between New Zealand and Australia are not eligible for Chauffeur-drive.
All other itineraries are eligible, including Business Class itineraries which involve a stopover in Australia. Not permitted for inter-terminal transfers."

By the sounds of it, you would only be eligible if the SYD - BKK sector was in J as well.
That text is for AKL not SYD.

The official text for SYD is:
"Business Class itineraries which are exclusively between Australia and New Zealand are not eligible for Chauffeur-drive.

Maximum capacity per sedan is two adults, with a total luggage limit of two suitcases plus one carry-on bag. Additional charges apply if a larger vehicle or child or infant car seat is required."
Old Oct 13, 2012, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by edy4eva
Did you book this as a thorough AKL-BKK fare and upgraded the first sector? if that's the case then you should be eligible for chauffeur drive at AKL and on arrival to SYD.

If you booked them as separate tickets then what others have already said applies.
Yip, booked as one ticket and upgraded AKL-SYD.
Will give EK call closer to the time and politely ask. Certainly not expecting.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 3:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Even where eligable in business class ( e.g. Europe-AU-NZ ) where there is a stopover in Australia I have seen cases where the chauffeur drive does not appear for booking online and requires a call to EK explaining why it is eligable in order to get a chauffeur booked on the trans tasman sectors

With an economy trip to Bangkok with just an upgrade on the trans tasman leg, I would suspect that it wouldnt be granted

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.