Smoking bar/cafe T3 Dubai

Old Oct 7, 2012, 12:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: EY Plat, EK Plat, QR Plat, Hilton Diamond

Hi there,

I am flying to SIN on Tue morning and will be meeting a few colleagues in the airport who are connecting from else where. We need to meet before the flight to run through a few bits, where can I suggest to go that also allows smoking?

I remember a bar at the end of T3 towards the escalators that goes to T1 but I can't remember the name of it does anyone know? Any other options, would rather not go to Irish at T1 (unless the gate is at T1 of course!)

I would normally use the J lounge but as I am meeting with 10 people all in Y (and most prob all blue) I doubt the lounge staff will be too happy if I try an get them all in!

Thanks

Mark
Old Oct 7, 2012, 1:26 am

Programs: EK Platinum
If you head towards T1 and the end of T3 on the right you will find a restaurant where you can smoke. Never been there myself, just saw it if I need to go to T1 lounges.
Old Oct 7, 2012, 1:29 am

I think there's a couple of choices now. One I've used in the past is as you describe, although it's a while since I used it. The other is at the other end of the Terminal. If you look at Page 3 (Departures) of this map:

http://content.emirates.com/english/...233-368296.pdf

you want to get the lift adjacent to the bars numbered 3 and 29.

I've recently seen touts in the departures area trying to attract people into the one at the far end from T1.

ETA. Both are restaurants rather than bars I think.
Old Oct 7, 2012, 2:01 am
Original Poster

great thanks, looks like we have one at each end of the terminal which is very helpful - tho I bet my gate will be in the middle!!

Can you smoke in the Marhaba lounge does anyone know? doesn't mention it on the website and this may be an alternative
Old Oct 7, 2012, 2:40 am

Programs: EK Platinum
Last time I was there, you were not allowed to smoke.
Old Oct 7, 2012, 6:50 am

Programs: Skywards Silver
On the pdf linked above, look at the duty free map page 7 and take the lift 'to restaurants' by area 30 near in the top right hand corner of the plan,
there is a large (for T3 !!) bar area that allows smoking.
Old Oct 7, 2012, 7:04 am

Programs: QR Gold, EK, Accor, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold VIP, Delta
I know that in Terminal one there is the Irish Village Pub that allows smoking in the bar section. It is next to gate C23 near the end of the terminal that connects to Terminal 3. Not sure how far of a walk it would be, hope that may be of some help for you.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 1:23 am
Original Poster

Thanks all, I will wait and see what gate I am using when I check in and will call and let them know the closest one! - Good to know there are options
Old Oct 8, 2012, 10:47 am

Programs: Skywards| Mileage Plus

Terminal 3 above the McDonald's there is a tapas bar. Take the elevator up to it and you can smoke there. They have matches if you don't have a lighter.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 12:25 pm

Programs: EK Blue
Originally Posted by dubaiblue
Hi there,

I am flying to SIN on Tue morning and will be meeting a few colleagues in the airport who are connecting from else where. We need to meet before the flight to run through a few bits, where can I suggest to go that also allows smoking?

I remember a bar at the end of T3 towards the escalators that goes to T1 but I can't remember the name of it does anyone know? Any other options, would rather not go to Irish at T1 (unless the gate is at T1 of course!)

I would normally use the J lounge but as I am meeting with 10 people all in Y (and most prob all blue) I doubt the lounge staff will be too happy if I try an get them all in!

Thanks

Mark
Last one on your right with the walk in Champagne fridges.

Seafood bar it is called! Better though, pack in smoking! I gone 3 months now! Simple :-)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.