Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Quirk with business class seat 10K on EK 77W

Old Sep 21, 2012, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold, Singapore Airlines Krisflyer, Air New Zealand Airpoints

This is a strange one.

While traveling from AKL to DXB (EK407) in J on EK's 77W, I noticed that the leg rest on my seat (10K) didn't go as flat as the other seats around me when reclined to bed mode. I assumed I was just unlucky and didn't complain too much as the flight was almost full and there were no other window seats available.

On the return flight (EK434), I was in seat 9K. This time around, my seat reclined all the way and it was a comfortable flight. However, I noticed seats 10K and 10J were empty on the BNE-AKL leg. Out of curiousity, I decided to recline both seats fully for photography purposes. I was stunned to see that on this aircraft as well, seat 10K's leg rest didn't recline fully when compared to it's neighboring seat 10J. My gut feeling is that this can't just be a coincidence and there must be a reason for it.

I tried lying down in both seats and the difference is very noticeable, no two ways about it.

I have uploaded the photos here and would be interested to get your thoughts:

If you are curious, the aircraft on the outbound journey was A6-ECI and the return was A6-EGB.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 9:00 pm

That's really odd! Never had 10K on a 77W, but had 10K on a 77L A6-EWC a few weeks ago and I don't recall it being like that. Maybe it was, and I just didn't notice it...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.