Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Getting off Waitlist for Business Class Seat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:14 am
Original Poster

I've been a silent observer of the forum, but I finally have a question that I couldn't find the answer too.

I'm currently trying to get a confirmed seat on one leg of my upcoming trip: DXB to NBO. According to Expert Flyer there seem to be seats available and according to Flight Stats, there are also 3 J-Class seats available.

However, according to Emirates, business class is full and I'm on the waitlist. Does anyone have any experience in getting off the waitlist? Does EK hold back seats and release them before the flight? If so when? Also, does it help that I'm a Skywards Gold member?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old Sep 11, 2012, 1:45 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, AAdvantage, Krisflyer Elite Silver
Just because there are seats in Business, it doesn't mean they are upgrade seats. (if you are not trying to upgrade and are looking for a full J fare, then the seats are probably blocked).

What may happen is that closer to the departure you will receive the upgrade. It recently happened to me 10 hours before the flight. They seem to release seats in bursts occasionally.

It is helpful being a Gold member as if Economy is overbooked, you will be the first they look to upgrade. At check in, ask if the flight is full or overbooked. If it is, politely ask about the chances of an upgrade. Ask again at the gate.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 2:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

When checking on Expert Flyer, did you go to "Awards & Upgrades" and then search for availability for Emirates "Business - Saver Award & Upgrade (D)" or did you just search for general availability for the flight

If the Awards & Upgrades search shows that there is availability in D class, you should have no issue getting the upgrade confirmed if you phone. If no D class is available then you need to keep waiting and perhaps set up an EF alert to let you know when D availability opens

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.