Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Nov 16, 2012, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: murtaza12

Full EK Fleet details link https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...jaJsL6h_SKCB04 (with thanks to murtaza12)

Current fleet numbers:

A380 - 119 total
  • 28 equipped with Premium Economy. Retrofit to other frames in progress.
  • Typically, between 85 and 90 aircraft are in service at any given time.
B77W - 123 total
  • Premium Economy retrofit programme expected to start in Q2-Q3 2024.
B77L - 10 total
  • 9 aircraft in service. 1 stored at DWC due to lease/ownership issue.

A380 Retirements (2024):
None

B77W Retirements (2024):
None
Print Wikipost

The Emirates Fleet Guide

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2024, 11:22 pm

I believed EK was only retrofitting PE to ULR frames (14F/76J/426Y), but @ZRHMD11 had a theory that EUM (inactive since 19th Jan) was also getting the retrofit. Well, he was right.

EUM is the only 'LR' configured A380 in the entire RR-powered subfleet, and it was originally configured in 14F/76J/429Y. It does not have a crew rest area, hence the 3 extra Y class seats.

EUM returned to service this morning, operating DXB-SIN (EK354), which is a PE route. I checked the seat map on EF, and it shows 14F/76J/56W/341Y, which is a new layout with 3 extra Y seats (52A, 52B, 52C) that EK will presumably use going forward on non-ULR A380s that are to be retrofitted with PE.

I hadn't listed EUM on the retrofit sheet because I wasn't sure of it, until now, but the doc has been updated to reflect this new information. EUI, which is also in for retrofit should also return to service in the next few days. Bringing the total number of PE fitted frames to 28.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by murtaza12
I believed EK was only retrofitting PE to ULR frames (14F/76J/426Y), but @ZRHMD11 had a theory that EUM (inactive since 19th Jan) was also getting the retrofit. Well, he was right.

EUM is the only 'LR' configured A380 in the entire RR-powered subfleet, and it was originally configured in 14F/76J/429Y. It does not have a crew rest area, hence the 3 extra Y class seats.

EUM returned to service this morning, operating DXB-SIN (EK354), which is a PE route. I checked the seat map on EF, and it shows 14F/76J/56W/341Y, which is a new layout with 3 extra Y seats (52A, 52B, 52C) that EK will presumably use going forward on non-ULR A380s that are to be retrofitted with PE.

I hadn't listed EUM on the retrofit sheet because I wasn't sure of it, until now, but the doc has been updated to reflect this new information. EUI, which is also in for retrofit should also return to service in the next few days. Bringing the total number of PE fitted frames to 28.
These 341Y frames will primarily be flying SIN, MAN, and ZRH sectors this year when the latter two get premium economy.
murtaza12 likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 3:11 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by murtaza12

One that Prospero may be interested in for his Aerolopa site.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 6:03 pm

Programs: American AAdvantage
Best to Worst?

Is there a best equipment to worst equipment listing? I have seen folks use the word “upgrade” when a route switches to the A380. Since Airbus is not making any more A380s, is the A380 still EK’s flagship plane? Is it due to the F shower availability?
Old Mar 14, 2024, 7:31 am

Programs: EK Plat; QR Gold
Originally Posted by Sant
Is there a best equipment to worst equipment listing? I have seen folks use the word “upgrade” when a route switches to the A380. Since Airbus is not making any more A380s, is the A380 still EK’s flagship plane? Is it due to the F shower availability?
All round, I think the 380 is better on EK. F has the showers; J seat is better (although the cabin can feel like a dormitory); there’s the J and F lounge at the back; and so far only 380s have PE.

Caveat is a small number of 77Ws with the new F. Some have a 2-2-2 J layout, but none offer aisle access to all J seats.

Given EK hasn’t taken delivery of any new aircraft in years now, I think age is down to specific aircraft rather than “this fleet is older than that”. In fact, I think the newest passenger EK aircraft is an A380.
murtaza12 likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 11:12 am

Hi all,

does anyone know what the interior of EK417 looks like (how old the seats are)?

I had the choice between EK413 and EK417 between SYD and DXB. 413 has premium economy, 417 doesn’t. I decided to fly 417 as I preferred the time but afraid it’s an older aircraft.

No big deal if it is, just curious to find out and couldn’t find it in spreadsheets kindly offered here. I’ll be flying business.

Thanks everyone
Old Mar 21, 2024, 7:30 pm

Programs: American AAdvantage
Originally Posted by tusho
Hi all,

does anyone know what the interior of EK417 looks like (how old the seats are)?

I had the choice between EK413 and EK417 between SYD and DXB. 413 has premium economy, 417 doesn’t. I decided to fly 417 as I preferred the time but afraid it’s an older aircraft.

No big deal if it is, just curious to find out and couldn’t find it in spreadsheets kindly offered here. I’ll be flying business.

Thanks everyone
Consider getting the tail numbers of the planes flown in recent days on FlightStats. With that list, use the Google spreadsheet posted by murtaza12 to determine the configuration.

Weeks ago, I checked the flights for my upcoming trip and all the available tail numbers were in the same configuration group.
murtaza12 likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 3:34 am

Oh cool thanks. And thanks murtaza12 for the amazing spreadsheet.
murtaza12 likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 3:48 am

A6-EDM ... Parked in Moscow (EDM in DME).

Waiting for parts, sorry, repairs... ah,no ,that's it ... fake news to be manufactured regarding how those nasty Ukrainians must be behind the incompetence!
thijsseh likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 3:57 am

Programs: EK Plat; QR Gold
Originally Posted by The Emir
A6-EDM ... Parked in Moscow (EDM in DME).

Waiting for parts, sorry, repairs... ah,no ,that's it ... fake news to be manufactured regarding how those nasty Ukrainians must be behind the incompetence!
Da, comrade. Superior Russian tech does not work in inferior Western planes. No parts because Airbus primitive! Pfft. Russian plane much better.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 9:04 am

Nice to see a familiar face tail at the Airbus factory....

Old Apr 18, 2024, 5:43 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
Hello,

Sorry if that was answered or mentioned previously (in the 2010s!) but I could not find a bulletproof answer.

I see that A6-EBU and EBW had the following J seats at some point:

While A6-EGC, ECE, ECU, ECQ had the following:

(1) Are they still featuring the same seats today? (2) Or were they replaced or refreshed (IFE upgraded, or re-trim) in the last 20 years?

If (2), do we know when?

I looked at the eksource website (website down), many youtube trip reports, and I can't find those exact seats anymore.

Thanks!
Old Apr 19, 2024, 6:42 pm

Programs: EK Gold, QR Gold, WY Gold, Delta Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by Jet777Boy
Hello,

Sorry if that was answered or mentioned previously (in the 2010s!) but I could not find a bulletproof answer.

I see that A6-EBU and EBW had the following J seats at some point:

While A6-EGC, ECE, ECU, ECQ had the following:

(1) Are they still featuring the same seats today? (2) Or were they replaced or refreshed (IFE upgraded, or re-trim) in the last 20 years?

If (2), do we know when?

I looked at the eksource website (website down), many youtube trip reports, and I can't find those exact seats anymore.

Thanks!
The last time I flew on the A6-EBx series and the A6-ECx series (February 2020), they seemed to have PTVs similar to what you posted here, with the A6-EBx series having a larger display (like the A6-EMx series which are now retired). Those birds are retiring retirement so I doubt EK would have refurbished these seats by now.
Old Today, 8:03 am

Programs: Skywards
Does anyone know when the Premium Economy retrofit of the A380 will continue?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.