Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Nov 16, 2012, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: murtaza12

Full EK Fleet details link https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...jaJsL6h_SKCB04 (with thanks to murtaza12)

Current fleet numbers:

A380 - 119 total
  • 28 equipped with Premium Economy. Retrofit to other frames in progress.
  • Typically, between 85 and 90 aircraft are in service at any given time.
B77W - 123 total
  • Premium Economy retrofit programme expected to start in Q2-Q3 2024.
B77L - 10 total
  • 9 aircraft in service. 1 stored at DWC due to lease/ownership issue.

A380 Retirements (2024):
None

B77W Retirements (2024):
None
Print Wikipost

The Emirates Fleet Guide

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2018, 4:23 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by HJBoeing
Will be flying BKK-DXB on October 10th on a 777-200LR. Seat selection in Manage My Booking shows Economy starting from row 14, so I guess this is a reconfigured frame. I know that there is one row in the 777-200LR that has no windows. According to SeatGuru this is row 18 in the three class version of the 772L. Does anyone happen to know what row this is in the new configuration? Having switched to a window seat, I'm certainly not looking forward to having picked the row without window.
Which flight are you on?
Old Oct 8, 2018, 6:46 am

I'll be on EK377 (BKK-DXB).
Old Oct 9, 2018, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by HJBoeing
I'll be on EK377 (BKK-DXB).
Seems like today you are going to be on the retrofitted 77L.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 8:14 am

Now one of the last remaining 77W that was bound for Rossiya (msn 32715) is heading to Russia today, next week should be MSN 32730, both aircraft is now seen as EI-GFA and EI-GFB.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by WilliamSudarpo
Seems like today you are going to be on the retrofitted 77L.
I indeed was! The load was very light so I get why they swapped the 77W/A380 for a 77L. Glad I switched seats too as my original seat (21H) was in a row without window. Additionally it seemed that row 15 doesn't feature windows either.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by murtaza12
I flew on A6-EBV in July, and it really needed to go. Looks very worn out, seats were in desperate need of some thorough cleaning, the reclining feature didn't work on some, and was very slow on others. IFEs were malfunctioning, and the screens all had this strange yellow/green shade on them.

Also I noticed that EK seems to be phasing out the 2-class frames only, understandable since they probably have way more cycles than the 3-class ones, but no new 2-class frames have been delivered since A6-EPT, which was in 2016.
Murtaza12, I think I found a video that mention that it's possibly you are onboard EBV last July that I found in Youtube. The video is that you are capturing the landing into ISB last July and the User's name is Murtaza Saeed. Is that you capturing this video on EBV last July?
murtaza12 likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 4:06 am

Murtaza12, I think I found a video that mention that it's possibly you are onboard EBV last July that I found in Youtube. The video is that you are capturing the landing into ISB last July and the User's name is Murtaza Saeed. Is that you capturing this video on EBV last July?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JdTL84PyBo
Yes, that is my channel and I did record that video
-------------------

B777-300 (A6-EMX) seems to have ended it's 15 year long career with EK, it hasn't flown for the past 4 days and will retire at the end of this month alongside A6-EMV.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 8:35 am

Programs: EC Blue, EB Silver, FB Gold
Just because an aircraft gets older doesn’t mean it needs to be retired. Any quality airline will refurbish the cabins and ensure it’s of the same standard as their newest aircraft. The usable life of a modern aircraft is at least 20 years if properly maintained. A tired cabin doesn’t mean the aircraft is ready for the wreckers, it just means the airline hasn’t done their job properly.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by RoyalSwazi
Just because an aircraft gets older doesn’t mean it needs to be retired. Any quality airline will refurbish the cabins and ensure it’s of the same standard as their newest aircraft. The usable life of a modern aircraft is at least 20 years if properly maintained. A tired cabin doesn’t mean the aircraft is ready for the wreckers, it just means the airline hasn’t done their job properly.
The aircraft being referred to were leased, so they were going to get returned anyway, no point spending so much to get them fitted with newer interiors if they were going to a different operator. They're not getting scrapped either, just being leased out to a different airline.

EK does fit new cabins on it's older frames, and the recent 2-class reconfiguration of their 777-200LRs proves this.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 6:54 pm

Yes, that is my channel and I did record that video
-------------------

B777-300 (A6-EMX) seems to have ended it's 15 year long career with EK, it hasn't flown for the past 4 days and will retire at the end of this month alongside A6-EMV.
EMX is about to end it's career with Emirates during this weak. But your Youtube channel is that I think I found all your videos and the registration you've captured must be all a 2 class 77W such as A6-END or A6-EPR something like that?
murtaza12 likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 11:03 pm

EMX is about to end it's career with Emirates during this weak. But your Youtube channel is that I think I found all your videos and the registration you've captured must be all a 2 class 77W such as A6-END or A6-EPR something like that?
I flew ISB-DXB-KUL return, so all legs were operated by 2-class 77W, starting with EPG, then END, then EPE and lastly EBV when flying back home.

The older videos on my channel mostly also include 2-class 77W, except a flight from ISB-DXB which was operated by A6-ENM which is a 3-class frame.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 2:25 am

B777-200LR (A6-EWC) returns to service today after being reconfigured to 38J/264Y. It's the sixth 77L to be reconfigured .
Old Oct 23, 2018, 9:04 am

B777-200LR (A6-EWC) returns to service today after being reconfigured to 38J/264Y. It's the sixth 77L to be reconfigured .
I was on A6-EWB (a similar 77L to EWC) before on the way to INC few months ago, sadly never know what happen but I receive a DM from it's Twitter that this route will be suspended next month. One thing is the 77L new Business Class is now much comfortable but not the greatest as the A380. The other thing is the 77L goes into full flat seat rather than lie flat seat especially the 2-2-2 against 2-3-2 configuration. Flying the 77L is now getting better than the older 77W in Business Class. Another thing is a sad to see the First Class on 77L go away as the new First Class on the new 77W (1-2-1) are replacing these on the 77L, but the new Business Class still nice product anyway.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 8:59 pm

Location: KEWR / SPG Plat, HH Diamond, DL Plat, ZE 5*, AA Plat, UA Nobody
Saw A6-EQP make two approaches down to about 500 ft AGL at KIDA around 1700 local today. I assume she was down from KPAE for a spin before going in service.
murtaza12 likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by DLSIZE
Saw A6-EQP make two approaches down to about 500 ft AGL at KIDA around 1700 local today. I assume she was down from KPAE for a spin before going in service.
Yes EQP should be delivered very soon, it was on a certification test flight for the Honeywell Multi-mode receiver, the planned route was KPAE-KMWH-KIDA-KPAE.

---------------------------
In other news, B777-200LR (A6-EWD) seems to be the next 77L in for cabin reconfiguration.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.