Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

What's the most annoying EK passenger you have seen?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2014, 2:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by m3red
Baby in f is a bad dream
Wonder whether Emirates have ever given serious consideration to some form of restriction on babies/young children travelling in premium cabins ......? I don't see it happening any time soon.

But four other carriers (maybe more now) HAVE taken a stance.
Not an easy decision, so all credit to them for being brave enough .......
http://www.ausbt.com.au/four-no-kids...avellers-first
Old Jun 25, 2014, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by subject2load
Wonder whether Emirates have ever given serious consideration to some form of restriction on babies/young children travelling in premium cabins ......? I don't see it happening any time soon.

Emirates really should. In the baggage area I saw at least 6 other members of the family so one of them could have dealt with the kid. I saw one other child (7-8) come say hi to the parents, via the back and business class, not the front stairs from economy.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 10:44 pm

Programs: *A Junkie, SQ PPS, Skywards Gold, 2 Million Mile Flyer;*wood LT Plat, BA MM
Originally Posted by UA Fan
I noticed that on at least two EK flights I took last week. No word from any FA. Quite shocking.
Passengers getting up the moment the plane lands happens more often than one would think, especially in cultures where people aren't used to listening to rules. My colleague was on TACA flt 390, when, as the plane landed, a handful of people got up from their seats. When the Airbus overran the runway, these people flew around the cabin. This is one of the scenes that still haunts him after all this time.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 3:19 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by subject2load

This is a whole can of worms and you will get parents going nuts at banning kids... Let's face it not many parents can afford to fly their kid J of F and if they can then good for them or more likely a company is paying. FYI I will be one of these no doubts at some point in the future!

I think EK should keep F kid free but they dont - there are bassinets. When I'm in J or F a kid is a real nightmare for me (my personal view). I remember one flight in April when the kids about 3 and 5 in J parents sat the row in front oblivious to the screeching brats (due to their headphones). Very annoying...

I heard once that EK discourages kids from F but nothing to stop you booking online.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 4:04 am

Programs: EK, BA, EY, SQ, IHG, HH, SPG

Given the wealth and demographics of the region not to mention cultural preferences I think it unlikely that they would do this. I don't know why airlines don't put a special space like a nursery on board for kids in F or J though ESP on an a380. Or is this too fanciful?
Old Jun 26, 2014, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by Havoc10G
Given the wealth and demographics of the region not to mention cultural preferences I think it unlikely that they would do this. I don't know why airlines don't put a special space like a nursery on board for kids in F or J though ESP on an a380. Or is this too fanciful?
Nursery wouldn't generate much revenue for the space it would occupy
Old Jun 26, 2014, 4:24 am

Well it's true that the A380 is large enough to accommodate a nursery.

I'd say the ideal location would be the cargo hold.

(and yes ..... that IS only a joke ..... )
Old Jun 26, 2014, 4:25 am

Lol. I have jokingly suggested that too in the past!
Old Jun 26, 2014, 4:30 am

Ok, Havoc, well that's two of us (and maybe more) on the same wavelength.

Enough to get a petition started surely ......
Old Jun 26, 2014, 4:31 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
For folks that can't tolerate a crying baby, I don't think there is much hope. Otherwise, I think EK could put a rule that kids below 12 need to be accompanied by a parent/ nanny whenever they are not in their seats for their own safety and security and for the safety and security of others. That'll help end some nuisance.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 5:48 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Wouldn't that be unfair to people who have well behaved kids? A few years ago I was in 2K, with an Emirati couple in 2 EF, and their 3 kids in 6 DEF (with the youngest maybe 4-5 and with them in the F cabin sometimes).

I asked before departure whether the kids were going to be noisy, and they assured me they would be asleep throughout, and well enough I didn't get at all disturbed by their presence.

But props to the airline that finds a way to take control of the situation if/ when it arises.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 5:51 am

I think most people understand that babies do cry ESP when in an airplane. I think what annoys most is when parents make no effort to calm the baby down or control their kids. I always sympathise when I see a parent struggling with their children whether to calm down or control but what is really selfish is for the parent to make no effort.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by Havoc10G
I think most people understand that babies do cry ESP when in an airplane. I think what annoys most is when parents make no effort to calm the baby down or control their kids. I always sympathise when I see a parent struggling with their children whether to calm down or control but what is really selfish is for the parent to make no effort.
I've seen 3-week old babies sleeping through/being quiet all of a 12-hour flights, I've seen 1-year old behaving very well, I've seen 5-year old kids asking nicely if they needed anything - and obviously all age categories the same negative. Then I've seen 20 year olds behaving like idiots, 40 year old, 60 year olds, even 80 year olds..

Shall we ban them all?
Old Jun 26, 2014, 7:01 am

Don't get your point? Grown ups are accountable for their own actions and suffer if they behave badly with various sanctions up to being barred. Kids are the responsibility of their parents. Yes by all means ban badly behaved adults. Totally in favour of that.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 9:53 am
Suspended

Programs: EK Plat, UA GS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Amex Centurion
Deleted

Last edited by Emirates202; Jun 26, 2014 at 9:59 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.