Emirates Price Fluctuations

Old Jul 31, 12, 8:48 pm
Original Poster

Lightbulb Emirates Price Fluctuations

I've been watching fares for BHX-DAC return and the price would fluctuate throughout the day. I would notice that about 3am uk time the price would increase and continue increasing until about 4pm when it would suddenly drop. Even during the last few hours before 4pm some flights would show as sold out but would then suddenly become available on the lowest fare after 4pm.

My theory for this is that as Dubai starts waking up, people/travel agents are calling emirates to reserve flights but not necessarily paying for them. Enough people would do it so that by the end of the working day some flights would be sold out. But come 4pm uk time which is 7pm dubai time, all incomplete reservations would return to the system thus showing flights as available and at the cheapest fare available. Now one should note that some flights may remain sold out or on higher fares as people may actually complete a reservation so it is a gamble whether you should wait until the end of the day to see if the price drops again. For me thats exactly what i did which saved me a good 150 than if i were to book in the middle of the day. Just remember the above is only a theory. Someone here may have another theory or may actually know why the price fluctuates like this.
Old Aug 1, 12, 6:29 am

Programs: SPG Platinum,HHonors Gold
Can be true, happened the same with me more than once.
Old Aug 2, 12, 1:24 pm

Programs: EK Blue
It's a game of holding seats and actually purchasing tickets... Lot's of people hold them off through phone bookings and buy them online for 45 quid less a person... unfair? I'll leave you to judge!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: