Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Oh dear, just when…[change of departure airport/re-routing]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2012, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards - Silver, *Alliance - Gold | GC - Diamond

I’ve allowed another bee get into my bonnet and don’t know how to go about swatting it without being stung.

We had decided on KUL as our SE Asian hub and booked tickets KUL-MEL-KUL in J departing 08/09/12 – returning 09/02/13 with the Fare Calculation: KUL EK MEL Q135.00 1317.80IRTMY4 EK KUL Q135.00 131 7.80IRTMY4 NUC2905.60 END ROE3.0179 - which means absolutely nothing to me (゜レ゜)

Now I would like to extend our upcoming Aug/Sep journey by a couple of days with a stay at the Shang, Singapore.

Am I right in thinking that I should purchase new tickets SIN-MEL-SIN for the new dates (10/09 | 08/02) and then change the original ticketed dates to employ them for our return from the Th’land, Burma trip next February and the first leg of the Euro trip in August – Dep: KUL-MEL 27/02 | Ret: MEL-KUL 21/08?

Can this be done?.. How do I go about it? «shudders»

I beg advice from the learned…

Cheers ツ

Last edited by Ivanhoe3079; Jul 25, 2012 at 7:19 pm Reason: calendar additions
Old Jul 25, 2012, 10:49 pm
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Ivanhoe3079
I’ve allowed another bee get into my bonnet and don’t know how to go about swatting it without being stung.

We had decided on KUL as our SE Asian hub and booked tickets KUL-MEL-KUL in J departing 08/09/12 – returning 09/02/13 with the Fare Calculation: KUL EK MEL Q135.00 1317.80IRTMY4 EK KUL Q135.00 131 7.80IRTMY4 NUC2905.60 END ROE3.0179 - which means absolutely nothing to me (゜レ゜)

Now I would like to extend our upcoming Aug/Sep journey by a couple of days with a stay at the Shang, Singapore.

Am I right in thinking that I should purchase new tickets SIN-MEL-SIN for the new dates (10/09 | 08/02) and then change the original ticketed dates to employ them for our return from the Th’land, Burma trip next February and the first leg of the Euro trip in August – Dep: KUL-MEL 27/02 | Ret: MEL-KUL 21/08?

Can this be done?.. How do I go about it? «shudders»

I beg advice from the learned…

Cheers ツ
Crikey, I don't know where to start...

1. Go to Dan Murphy's
2. Buy 1 x bottle William Fevre Chablis
3. Chill bottle
4. Find largest glass in house. Pour entire contents from bottle into glass
5. Go back to PC, take a deep breath and take a few good gulps.
6. Yes, buy SIN-MEL-SIN
7. Ignore the jibberish in the fare - its just relating to Rate of Exchange (ROE) etc
8. Why not map everything out on a piece of paper, then call EK in Australia and explain what you want/need to do. They wont care where you ticket from - they can either do it over the phone or tell you exactly what needs to be done. Be patient. It might take you a few tries before you find someone who can help. Call 1300 303 777

If you get stuck, or fall off the chair due to the effects of the whole bottle, PM me and I will put you in touch with an EK ticketing guru here in Singapore.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:20 pm
Original Poster

Thanks... I'm off to the Alphington branch pronto... hey, I don't have to - I've just filled the cellar... now where's that goblet ( ´,_ゝ`)

Cheers ツ

Will keep in touch...

Last edited by Ivanhoe3079; Jul 25, 2012 at 11:22 pm Reason: lousy grammar
Old Jul 26, 2012, 3:40 am
Original Poster

hmmmphhrrumpphhhhhh...
Old Jul 26, 2012, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Sorry about the snoring... didn't have a chance to go at it until late last night and then held on to the phone until they crossed over to 'night-switch'.

Rang the Melbourne office this morning and, after only one line drop-out, all is done - just have to change the return date again next month as the system hasn't August up yet - all easy peasy really and wonderful service from the Skywards Desk.

Thank you so much Simon for your assistance and support.

Cheers ツ

Gary

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.