FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   Dxb-hkg-bkk-dxb (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1367685-dxb-hkg-bkk-dxb.html)

dubaiblue Jul 18, 2012 12:36 am

Dxb-hkg-bkk-dxb

Hi all,

Have just booked this flight in J and just a quick question of the Chauffeur-drive.

on the Chauffeur-drive website page it mentions:

Itineraries which are exclusively between Bangkok and Hong Kong are not eligible for Chauffeur-drive.

I was under the impression - maybe wrongly - that this would apply only if I booked HKG-BKK or vise/versa not also booking DXB-HKG and BKK-DXB.

In MMB I only have options to book the car from HKG airport and to BKK airport (as well as dubai at both ends) and not to HKG or from BKK. Is this correct, or should these cars be available?

On another note, I potentially want to go to Macau, from what I understand I can travel direct from Macau to the airport - so not having to go through immigration at HK mainland and then going to the airport. Has anyone got any experience of this?

Thanks all!

Mark

Zol Jul 18, 2012 12:57 am

Are you stopping over in BKK, it is not clear from your post. To answer the question, your interpretation is correct and you are entitled to the Chauffeur drive since it is not an exclusive BKK-HKG booking.

Whether a BKK stopover would allow a chauffeur drive in and out, I'm not 100% sure but would venture a guess at yes.

jackylek Jul 18, 2012 1:07 am

Hi

From HKIA you may procced to the FERRY desk and take the Turbojet direct to Macau 50min ride . No need to clear Immigration , just give them your passport and the airline luggage tag and they will transfer the luggage when you arrive at Macau.

dubaiblue Jul 18, 2012 1:25 am

Originally Posted by Zol (Post 18952493)
Are you stopping over in BKK, it is not clear from your post. To answer the question, your interpretation is correct and you are entitled to the Chauffeur drive since it is not an exclusive BKK-HKG booking.

Whether a BKK stopover would allow a chauffeur drive in and out, I'm not 100% sure but would venture a guess at yes.

Sorry I should have been more clear, yes I am stopping in BKK and HKG Basically:

Fly to DXB-HKG (Stay for a few nights) Have car from HKG available MBB

Fly from HKG-BKK (Stay for a few nights) have no car to HKG or from BKK available on MMB

Fly BKK-DXB Have car available to BKK in MMB

Its the section in between for the HKG-BKK that I am querying should I have a car to and from the airport for this part of the itinery?

Thanks

dubaiblue Jul 18, 2012 1:27 am

Originally Posted by jackylek (Post 18952512)
Hi

From HKIA you may procced to the FERRY desk and take the Turbojet direct to Macau 50min ride . No need to clear Immigration , just give them your passport and the airline luggage tag and they will transfer the luggage when you arrive at Macau.

Thansk for the reply but sorry I don't think I am being very clear this morning!

The plan would be (if I decide on Macau) to stay in HKG for a few days goto Macau and then from Macau go straight to the airport. I am guessing this is possible as it is just a reverse of your reply but just want to make sure!

Cheers

Mark

B747-437B Jul 18, 2012 1:29 am

Yes, the ferry is possible from Macau - HKIA. Emirates will tag your bags at the JetPier or whatever it's called and you can collect your HKG tax refund there as well.

Have used this before. Very easy and convenient.

Zol Jul 18, 2012 3:31 am

Originally Posted by dubaiblue (Post 18952546)
Sorry I should have been more clear, yes I am stopping in BKK and HKG Basically:

Fly to DXB-HKG (Stay for a few nights) Have car from HKG available MBB

Fly from HKG-BKK (Stay for a few nights) have no car to HKG or from BKK available on MMB

Fly BKK-DXB Have car available to BKK in MMB

Its the section in between for the HKG-BKK that I am querying should I have a car to and from the airport for this part of the itinery?

Thanks

In that case yes, you will get the car on your BKK stopover as well.

dubaiblue Jul 18, 2012 4:40 am

Originally Posted by Zol (Post 18952869)
In that case yes, you will get the car on your BKK stopover as well.

great thanks, I'll give them a call about it.

Many thanks all - as usual great feedback to questions on this site!

sadiqhassan Jul 18, 2012 12:17 pm

From the site :

http://www.emirates.com/us/english/p...available.aspx

It says for Hong Kong:
Code:

Hong Kong (HKG)        No mileage restriction.        Not available in areas requiring special entrance permits (e.g., Ma Wan, Discovery Bay or Huangang control point).
Not valid for flights between Hong Kong-Bangkok and vice versa.

and for Bangkok:
Code:

Itineraries which are exclusively between Bangkok and Hong Kong are not eligible for Chauffeur-drive. Excess mileage charged at THB 35 per km for First Class and Business Class. Payment can be made in cash or by credit card.
I was once flying BKK-HKG [J] stop HKG-DXB [Y] and I was able to book the car for arriving in HK online (which I wasn't entitled to) but not for pick up in BKK (which I was). I had no problems using the car in HK even though I was expecting me to tell them I didn't qualify on arrival.

Cheers,