Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates first class A380 vs 777W?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates first class A380 vs 777W?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2012, 3:07 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by Gandhi
I would go with A380 without doubt. Newer, quieter plane, 1st class suites + shower on-board
+Bar+room to walk around+fresh scrambled eggs (on the latest 380's)
Old Sep 12, 2012, 12:26 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Was in F Private suite on the 777 yesterday. Normally I prefer 2K if I am flying revenue F but got 2F as an op up from J. Noticed that there was more space in the 2F suite compared to 2K. Wonder if this was to accommodate the baby bassinet???.

obviously the lack of windows is an issue plus the fact that there could be someone sitting on the other side (with a screaming baby!!!) but seems to be worth the extra space if a couple is flying or if on a night flight.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 5:27 pm

Any recent observations ? I am currently holding an A380 to A380 First Class connection with a 7 hour layover but hoping for space to open up on a 1.5 hour connection in F that would be A380 to 77W with the 77W segment on the much shorter DXB-SIN sector
Old Mar 6, 2014, 6:02 pm
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Mister Nice
Any recent observations ? I am currently holding an A380 to A380 First Class connection with a 7 hour layover but hoping for space to open up on a 1.5 hour connection in F that would be A380 to 77W with the 77W segment on the much shorter DXB-SIN sector
I personally like the 77W F cabin - it feels a little more intimate (8 seats as opposed to 14) and the high ceiling makes it less "cramped" than the 380. The bathrooms on the 380 are terrific but to this day - have still not had a shower onboard despite many opportunities. Something about getting naked while doing 500 mph in a steel tube....call me old fashioned
Old Mar 6, 2014, 8:40 pm

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by eightblack
... but to this day - have still not had a shower onboard despite many opportunities.
And I have never missed one...
Old Mar 7, 2014, 12:14 am

Programs: BA, bmi, USAir, Aeroplan, AirBerlin, Marriott, SolMeliaMas, BAAWorldpoints
Although I prefer the 777 in most respects, I think I would choose the A380. Elsewhere on this forum there is a involuntary downgrade thread. A recent contributor has informed us how Emirates' changed a flight from a 3-class 777 to a 2-class one. As far as I am aware, there are no 2-class A380s yet.

Unless you are time constrained, a 90 minute connection should be avoided, in my view. Even if you arrive on time and do not miss your onward flight you would have very little time in a lounge. Perhaps this doesn't matter much to you.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 3:46 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
On a short flight like JED or BKK I might take the 380 over the 777 to spend some time at the bar, take a shower etc. But anything longer than that, even CDG or SIN, I would prefer the 777 because of the general cabin ambience and greater privacy.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 1:37 am

380 or 777 in first?

I'm sure this had been discussed but I couldn't find it. Is there an accepted wisdom on which aircraft is nicer in first? I know that the 380 has the showers and the bar; on the other hand, the 777 cabin is smaller, so maybe more intimate and personal? I've been on the 777 before and will be on the 380 in an upcoming trip, but I have two legs on which I can choose (SIN and BKK)... Thanks a lot,

Shuly
Old Mar 2, 2018, 1:42 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by shuly
I'm sure this had been discussed but I couldn't find it. Is there an accepted wisdom on which aircraft is nicer in first? I know that the 380 has the showers and the bar; on the other hand, the 777 cabin is smaller, so maybe more intimate and personal? I've been on the 777 before and will be on the 380 in an upcoming trip, but I have two legs on which I can choose (SIN and BKK)... Thanks a lot,

Shuly
You've broken it down pretty much. It's your personal choice. Those that fly the A380 often and don't value the shower as much might prefer the 77W for the better service, while the A380 is also a bit quieter, though more cramped especially in row 1 windows due to the more curved fuselage.

BKK has a lot of 2-class flights so check for that, not sure how often they downgrade aircraft from 3 to 2 on that route these days.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 3:12 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by shuly

Shuly
Personally, I prefer F on the B777. However, currently sitting in F on an A380 with just four fellow F pax, and feeling very comfortable.

To me, EK's F product stands or falls with the cabin crew on a particular flight, regardless of the aircraft type.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 4:03 am

Programs: EK Silver...just
Originally Posted by XXTSGR

Personally, I prefer F on the B777. However, currently sitting in F on an A380 with just four fellow F pax, and feeling very comfortable.

To me, EK's F product stands or falls with the cabin crew on a particular flight, regardless of the aircraft type.
Agreed. Lucky enough to have done both and was always about the crew. Once you're in your little suite; it's all about the service for me, the aircraft is irrelevant. needless to say, ive done it now so wont pay again, as i like to J enough...and spend most time at the bar anyway (obvs the aircraft matters on this one!!)
Old Mar 2, 2018, 5:16 am

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Definitely A388 for ULH, for lower noise and shower room. Shower room is extremely practical to change clothes comfortably in a clean and warm environment.
The fact that there are more pax than B773 was never really an issue.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 5:47 am
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by MarshyM
spend most time at the bar anyway (obvs the aircraft matters on this one!!)
Same here!
That is why I generally can't justify paying F to LHR when onboard lounge access is available to J pax like myself.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by DatBoi
Same here!
That is why I generally can't justify paying F to LHR when onboard lounge access is available to J pax like myself.
People always ask me that question - why are you at the bar when you can be in first class. Personal choice.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by m3red

People always ask me that question - why are you at the bar when you can be in first class. Personal choice.
In this case the question is more "why are you at the bar if you're 14 years old..."
thijsseh, m3red and XXTSGR like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.