EK38 22nd July / EK39 28th July

Old Jul 16, 12, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA - Silver, Hilton - Diamond, Marriott- lifetime Gold
EK38 22nd July / EK39 28th July

Flying in Business this coming weekend and have enjoyed/suffered both lie-flats and deeply reclining on these flights in the past.

Can someone please clarify what seats I can expect on these specific flights? Both are showing as 777-300ER.

Thank you.
Old Jul 16, 12, 2:42 pm

Programs: EK Gold
BHX route has been lie flat on both flights for the past 6+ months. Only once or twice in that time have I noted deeply reclining on one of the flights according to my spreadsheet I am keeping.

It could get swapped on the actual day of the flight though
Old Jul 16, 12, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by RichL View Post
BHX route has been lie flat on both flights for the past 6+ months. Only once or twice in that time have I noted deeply reclining on one of the flights according to my spreadsheet I am keeping.(
I know you mentioned recently a couple of aircraft that had been upgraded. Can A6-EBL be included in that list as I have it as a 2-Class with Old J and Old Y and it's been to BHX regularly.
Old Jul 17, 12, 1:31 am

Hi,

According to the list I have been compiling, the only 2 class 300-ER's I have on it with old style recliner seats are A6-EBT, A6-EBV and A6-ECB.

I have A6-EBL with the lie flat seats in business or J if you prefer. Last time I saw it at BHX was 11/6/12 operating EK40 - it may have been visiting more recently but I haven't caught it myself or it may have been doing a weekend visit when I dont get to update my information as much.

My own opinion, seeing as Emirates have had 9 new 777's delivered this year already, the chances of getting lie flats on the two-class models is better than ever at BHX as it frees up more of them from routes that the newer planes might be now operating.

Last edited by RichL; Jul 17, 12 at 2:01 am
Old Jul 17, 12, 2:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA - Silver, Hilton - Diamond, Marriott- lifetime Gold
Thanks for your response...fingers crossed or I'll just have to drink myself into oblivion (again)
Old Jul 17, 12, 2:34 am

You should be okay, like I say, I can count on one hand over the past 6 months the number of times that they have been an old seat configured aircraft - I think your chances are nailed on and if I was a betting man, I would have 100 on it being lie-flats!!

I only made the list because that is the route / flights that I fly and was interested myself.

Now, if only they would offer a 3 class product on the flight(s) from BHX...
Old Jul 17, 12, 12:13 pm

A6-EGK is operating tonights EK38 which is a 3 class configured plane, so they really can change it at the last minute because earlier today it was still down to be a 2 class model with lie flats in J.

Also, if you look at the 'Services by Flight' on the Emirates website for tonights flight it comes back with no details now because of the late equipment change.

Tonights flight will certainly have lie flats!!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: