Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK348/349 going 2 class after NOV?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2012, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat

Just tried to book an F seat on EK349 SIN-CMB and noticed that it is operated by a 2-class aircraft. Then saw from the schedule that it is swapped to a 2-class 77W from beginning of DEC onwards. Anyone know why they have made this move? This has consistently been a 3 class route for quite some time.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 6:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Well they have already downgraded the route from Suites to Skycruisers. They either thought the yields didn't justify operating the cabin (if there were a lot of ex-CMB bookings), or that since they now have 3x daily direct SIN flights, few people would overflow onto the flight via CMB.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 4:15 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Etihad Gold
I need to change a j flight from DXB via BKK to DXB via SIN. I have a flex ticket. I can fly EK348 for 100 euros more, but if I want to go direct to SIN it will cost me 500 euros more. Does anyone know if this will change? I don't fancy the seats via CMB or the extra flying time. Appreciate help.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by lightyear40
I need to change a j flight from DXB via BKK to DXB via SIN. I have a flex ticket. I can fly EK348 for 100 euros more, but if I want to go direct to SIN it will cost me 500 euros more. Does anyone know if this will change? I don't fancy the seats via CMB or the extra flying time. Appreciate help.
The seats via CMB are the same as those on the direct flight. It will change if availability in a lower fare bucket opens up on one of the direct flights.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 8:01 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Etihad Gold
Originally Posted by ung1
The seats via CMB are the same as those on the direct flight. It will change if availability in a lower fare bucket opens up on one of the direct flights.
Are you sure, because the other flight on offer that is going direct to SIN is EK404. EK are showing different seats from EK348. However you are the expert ung1 so just checking again, because I am relatively new to EK after dumping Qatar Airways last year due to problems with upgrades and ground crew.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by lightyear40
Are you sure, because the other flight on offer that is going direct to SIN is EK404. EK are showing different seats from EK348. However you are the expert ung1 so just checking again, because I am relatively new to EK after dumping Qatar Airways last year due to problems with upgrades and ground crew.
It depends on when your flight is. The 773s they're flying now all have new J but old F. If you're flying after Nov when they switch to the 2 class, even though services by flight says deeply reclining, if you go into the seat map, it's lie flats (and there's only two aircraft that aren't refitted yet so low probability of old aircraft anyway).

As for the 404, 352 and 432, they all have the latest product on the 777.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 6:21 am

Programs: BA Silver; EK Silver, IHG Gold
I just flew 354 direct DXB to SIN in new F

Very nice it is too..... I've done this flight in F a couple of times now and never been stuck with an old plane yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.