Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Dubai First Class Timeless Spa: Another BIG DISAPPOINTMENT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2012, 6:32 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, SQ TPP, QF GO LIFE, OZ*G LIFE, Marriott TIT LIFE, WOH GLOBALIST LIFE, HH DM, BA GO LIFE

Not to be over critical on EK but facts speak for itself.

What's with complimentary 15 minutes for foot or head message for First Class passengers. Come on EK, these are your high yielding customers and only 15 minutes.

If you want to top-up for another additional 25 minutes, then you have to folk out an additional USD 55 for foot treatment and USD 39 for head massage.

TG offers 30 minutes complimentary foot or head/neck massage for even business class passengers at BKK (their home base) and the Qantas First Class in SYD is even more generous than EK at DXB.

EK, get your act together will ya!
Old Nov 12, 2012, 8:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: EK Plat, UA GS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Amex Centurion
I've used the spa once since the lounge opened. I think its a waste of time. I could use that 15 minutes getting some work done. If it was longer as you suggested, I might use it more, but i don't think its worth 15 minutes of my time. I haven't used the QF or TG F lounges at SYD and BKK, but I've heard great things. Hopefully we can access the QF F lounge at SYD while flying EK F due to the partnership!
I think there is an option of manicures or pedicures for woman, so I guess that can get done in 15 minutes, so it might be of use to them.
But the EK F lounge at DXB is still my favorite airline lounge in the world! I can't wait for the new lounge in the new concourse. It apparently takes up an entire floor!

-ek202

P.S.- I think a majority of pax don't use it, which is why they only give the complimentary 15 min.

Last edited by Emirates202; Nov 12, 2012 at 8:23 pm
Old Nov 12, 2012, 8:12 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
My heart bleads.

Fly with someone else and stop moaning. Who seriously cares? If you want a massage you are not really going to get a good one on the plane are you?
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold
For me, that's not criticizing anymore, it's flaming...
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Geez... disappointed that they gave exactly what the passenger is entitled to

If not liking it, not forced to have one

*looks around to see if anyone has put up no feeding signs*
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:36 pm

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
I genuinely cannot understand the OPs complaint???? Whats the problem?
Old Nov 13, 2012, 1:35 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by rathin100
I genuinely cannot understand the OPs complaint???? Whats the problem?
He wants a one hour complimentary massage not just 15 minutes
Old Nov 13, 2012, 1:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Zol
He wants a one hour complimentary massage not just 15 minutes
and I want a pony with every Ek purchase
Old Nov 13, 2012, 3:11 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
and I want a pony with every Ek purchase
+1
Old Nov 13, 2012, 4:38 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
Next time I am at the massage parlour for a VIP massage (nearest thing to First Class equivalent I guess) I will ask them for a free airline ticket. Wish me luck.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 4:48 am

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
Originally Posted by mrtdxb
Next time I am at the massage parlour for a VIP massage (nearest thing to First Class equivalent I guess) I will ask them for a free airline ticket. Wish me luck.
And you might just get it in Bangkok, except don't ask me about your fate 15 mins after takeoff

To the OP, the massage is a promotional gimmick for the spa. Just like on BA. Whereas on TG, it's selling a core national competency. Just like on Srilankan so the last two are longer and more authentic. Likewise on Finnair, theres the sauna, On JL the loos with multiple jets of water, and so on....There's not much authentic you can sell about Dubai, I'm afraid....
Old Nov 13, 2012, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by rathin100
And you might just get it in Bangkok, except don't ask me about your fate 15 mins after takeoff

To the OP, the massage is a promotional gimmick for the spa. Just like on BA. Whereas on TG, it's selling a core national competency. Just like on Srilankan so the last two are longer and more authentic. Likewise on Finnair, theres the sauna, On JL the loos with multiple jets of water, and so on....There's not much authentic you can sell about Dubai, I'm afraid....
An hour glass filled with the sands of time?
Old Nov 13, 2012, 8:30 am

Programs: BA, TK, EK
Originally Posted by mrtdxb
Well said!

I'm about to head in the 'spa' direction and see if they still offer haircuts. I don't have very much hair so it should be a simple test...
Old Nov 13, 2012, 8:41 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by father_ted
Well said!

I'm about to head in the 'spa' direction and see if they still offer haircuts. I don't have very much hair so it should be a simple test...
I did get a free haircut a few months ago.Though from the description its not the full Monty and just tidying up.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 1:45 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
I love the spa in the F lounge, can't believe anybody would complain about getting a free massage. The Egyptian guy there is fantastic at foot massages. But, I usually get a haircut each time, regardless of the description it is a full haircut. Then, I pay for a 25 minute foot massage.

As far as its popularity goes, I sign up the moment I get into the F lounge and I often have to wait an hour or more to get in, during which time I am having the filet mignon at the restaurant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.