Wiki Posts
Search

Linking Bookings

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2012, 10:42 pm
Original Poster

Linking Bookings

Hi
I will be travelling with my partner to BKK in April 2012. We are on separate bookings but on the same flights. Is it possible to get these linked somehow so to ensure that our seating arrangements doesn't get split up?

Thanks
Scwappz
Old Feb 7, 2012, 10:53 pm
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by scwappy
Hi
I will be travelling with my partner to BKK in April 2012. We are on separate bookings but on the same flights. Is it possible to get these linked somehow so to ensure that our seating arrangements doesn't get split up?

Thanks
Scwappz
Yes, just call up EK and ask them to link the PNR's. Or have your travel agent do this. You could still be split up, but it is not that common. In addition, if one of you holds status (ie Gold or Silver), that should put you in a better position in terms of op-up chances. At least, this was the case when I have travelled on linked bookings.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 10:56 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. Will do. We both have Gold status and are travelling J on a flight where J & Y are already fully sold. Wouldn't want just one of us to get bumped to F. All hell would break loose
Old Feb 7, 2012, 11:00 pm
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by scwappy
Thanks. Will do. We both have Gold status and are travelling J on a flight where J & Y are already fully sold. Wouldn't want just one of us to get bumped to F. All hell would break loose
The challenge will be if they only have ONE F seat. Some airlines overlook pairs/couples on linked bookings in favor of upgrading singles. But thats when systems/procedures are in place. In EK's case, there are no set systems/procedures, so you should stand a good chance. It can also work in your favor where the load controller will scan for Golds, (see the two of you) and op-up you both. Well, that's been my experience anyway. If Y and J are full as you say, then expect a full F cabin. Good luck, let us know how it goes.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 3:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eightblack
The challenge will be if they only have ONE F seat. Some airlines overlook pairs/couples on linked bookings in favor of upgrading singles. But thats when systems/procedures are in place. In EK's case, there are no set systems/procedures, so you should stand a good chance. It can also work in your favor where the load controller will scan for Golds, (see the two of you) and op-up you both. Well, that's been my experience anyway. If Y and J are full as you say, then expect a full F cabin. Good luck, let us know how it goes.
We both got an op up which was a great way to start the holiday. The lovely lady at the lounge in Sydney tracked down a single traveller, travelling in the middle seats and he was happy to move so we also got to sit together.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.