First Class LAX-DXB-NBO

Old Jun 25, 12, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

First Class LAX-DXB-NBO

Hi all,

We are flying to Nairobi in the fall and have two flight options from DXB to NBO.

It seems that none of the two flights offer suites in F.
    Is there one that offers a better product or are they pretty similar?
    I appreciate any help you can offer.
    Thanks.
    Old Jun 25, 12, 1:34 pm
    Zol
    Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
    Hi Chelly, welcome to FT

The 772 has the Skycruiser seats (second best after the private suites) which are far superior to the 343, I would go for that.
    Old Jun 25, 12, 2:04 pm
    Original Poster

Thank you very much!
    Old Jun 25, 12, 6:59 pm

I flew to NBO last week on 719/720 and the Airbus had Suites. 12 of them. They were what could be politely called "first generation suites" in the sense they looked like someone took the suites out of the mainfleet 777, shoved it in a microwave and left it there for 3-weeks.

It was pretty beat up, screen was smaller and squarer - but overall it wasn't bad. And as other people have rightly said, F service is fine. J looked not good at all.
    Old Jun 25, 12, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by eightblack View Post
    I flew to NBO last week on 719/720 and the Airbus had Suites. 12 of them. They were what could be politely called "first generation suites" in the sense they looked like someone took the suites out of the mainfleet 777, shoved it in a microwave and left it there for 3-weeks.

It was pretty beat up, screen was smaller and squarer - but overall it wasn't bad. And as other people have rightly said, F service is fine. J looked not good at all.
    To be clear to the OP, the Airbus you flew was an A340-500, and this is being replaced (I assume) by an A340-300 (which does not have Suites) on this route for the winter.
    Old Jun 25, 12, 7:46 pm
    Original Poster

Wow! I guess I have to seriously lower my expectations for that leg of the trip since I will be taking the 777-200. Thanks for the input, very helpful.

Originally Posted by ung1 View Post
    To be clear to the OP, the Airbus you flew was an A340-500, and this is being replaced (I assume) by an A340-300 (which does not have Suites) on this route for the winter.
    Thanks for clearing that up for me!
    Old Jun 25, 12, 9:05 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
    Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Wow! I guess I have to seriously lower my expectations for that leg of the trip since I will be taking the 777-200. Thanks for the input, very helpful.
    No need to lower your expectations. The 777 older F seats are still good seats.
    Old Jun 26, 12, 1:54 am
    Xlr

Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
    Originally Posted by whimike View Post
    If they are these ones, I completely agree.
    Old Jun 26, 12, 2:02 am
    Zol
    Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
    Originally Posted by Xlr View Post
    Yes they are. Also shown here

Old Jun 26, 12, 2:45 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager

Initially we were complaining about how crappy and squeaky the seats were. But overall they are still much better than the non-suites seats.

The A345s were the first to have the suites so you can really see the wear and tear in them.

And yes the J seats on the A345 are probably not worth paying for.
    Old Jun 26, 12, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by whimike View Post
    Originally Posted by Xlr View Post
    I got onto a 777 with those after a long time last week and thought I was on a 2-class aircraft. 777 New Suites > 777 Old Suites > 345 Suites > Skycruisers (so they are a fair way down the list).

Search this Thread
    Search Engine: