Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Upcoming 4th Skywards membership tier

Old Jun 24, 12, 10:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Lifetime Exec Plat (2MM)

I've read bits and pieces on this, but nothing of substance.

I have a little dilemma, as to whether I should go for 100,000 status miles this year, which ends in November (currently on 90,000). If a new tier were to cut in at this level then it could be worthwhile. And what would the extra benefits of such a tier be, I wonder?

Any advice from those in the know?
Old Jun 24, 12, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by Budley View Post
I've read bits and pieces on this, but nothing of substance.

I have a little dilemma, as to whether I should go for 100,000 status miles this year, which ends in November (currently on 90,000). If a new tier were to cut in at this level then it could be worthwhile. And what would the extra benefits of such a tier be, I wonder?

Any advice from those in the know?
I don't think 100,000 will make the cut. Not that I know for sure, but let's say for a moment that we have heard rumours around the 125-150 mark...
Old Jun 24, 12, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by eightblack View Post
I don't think 100,000 will make the cut. Not that I know for sure, but let's say for a moment that we have heard rumours around the 125-150 mark...
Given that EY Elite starts at 125K, a similar cut-off at EK might make sense (I would guess, passenger cohort profiles are similar).
Old Jun 25, 12, 5:35 am

Programs: BA Blue
I think the best benefit would be a limited number of uses (say 5 per year) of the First lounges at Dubai when not travelling First.

It must be especially annoying for people who are travelling heavily on routes with no F cabin.
Old Jun 27, 12, 11:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Lifetime Exec Plat (2MM)
Thanks for the insights. Based on that I will probably spend my money elsewhere for the time being.
Old Jun 28, 12, 6:09 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by WouldLoveToFlyFirst View Post
I think the best benefit would be a limited number of uses (say 5 per year) of the First lounges at Dubai when not travelling First.

It must be especially annoying for people who are travelling heavily on routes with no F cabin.
Only if travelling on a J fare. I can't see letting a Y pax now in the DXB F lounge. (maybe (maybe) if there is a higher tier at 125-150K but certainly not anything less
Old Jun 28, 12, 4:02 pm

Programs: EK Gold, HHonors Diamond
.... let's say for a moment that we have heard rumours around the 125-150 mark...
So, there is a 4th tier coming?
Old Jun 28, 12, 4:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

1st lounge access is something I would definitely not want to see happen. The F lounge is a great lounge at the moment with it being pretty restricted mainly to those in 1st class
Old Jun 29, 12, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble View Post
1st lounge access is something I would definitely not want to see happen. The F lounge is a great lounge at the moment with it being pretty restricted mainly to those in 1st class
I would assume it might. Most of the other premium tiers, Etihad Gold Elite, Qantas Platinum One, Lufthansa Hon Circle, do. And these are EKs main competitors, so they will in all probability try to match the benefits...
Old Jun 29, 12, 10:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by jackiedada View Post
I would assume it might. Most of the other premium tiers, Etihad Gold Elite, Qantas Platinum One, Lufthansa Hon Circle, do. And these are EKs main competitors, so they will in all probability try to match the benefits...
Ugh.. that QF allows Platinum members and anyone with OW Emerald in the F lounges in SYD/MEL makes the lounges significantly worse than the EK F lounge in DXB
Old Jun 29, 12, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by Dave Noble View Post
Dave for once, I agree with you I wouldn't want to see F lounge access diluted in DXB. At present, i/O's have unlimited access privileges at the F lounge (ie unlimited access for member and guests, regardless of class of travel). That's the only tier in my opinion who should qualify

I think once the 4th tier is announced, you're more likely to see family type passes issued to that tier for use in the J lounge or outstation lounges (select) LHR lounge access is unlikely to be eased anytime soon due to the load.

Be interesting to see what happens when C3 is opened and the new F and J lounges open there - thats an additional capacity to what they have now (approx 2500 in J and 1200 in F).
Old Jun 30, 12, 4:00 am

I think once the 4th tier is announced...
Any clues on how soon this is going to be announced, days, weeks, months or next year. Shall plan on accumulating my tier miles accordingly
Old Jun 30, 12, 5:24 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by jackiedada View Post
Any clues on how soon this is going to be announced, days, weeks, months or next year. Shall plan on accumulating my tier miles accordingly
I don't think anyone on here know for definate. EK always keep these sort of things close to their chest.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: